Need a new laser printer....

giddyup

previously had a Brother DCP1510 all-in-one (print, copy, scan) which served me well for about 3 or 4 years. That same model is still in production, price around 3000 Baht, but is there anything better for around the same price? Only want a laser, no ink jets.

I stopped using combo printers years back. Once the printer is bust the scanner is gone, so I bought a canon scanner which has probably paid for itself by now.

I have a brother HL-1210W - But that’s 2500B with no scanner.

I’m really impressed, never had a WiFi printer before, no messing around, just press print on the computer and it’s done.

There is a HL-1110 for 1800B - I guess this is the same model without WiFi. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I stopped using combo printers years back. Once the printer is bust the scanner is gone, so I bought a canon scanner which has probably paid for itself by now.

I’m really impressed, never had a WiFi printer before, no messing around, just press print on the computer and it’s done.

I'm starting to question whether I really need the copy and scan function.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm starting to question whether I really need the copy and scan function.

If you just need a printer, and not a scanner, then you can get Canon or Brother laser printers on Lazada and get change from 2000 baht. In reality, if you aren't printing very much, it might be more economical to use your local print shop. I printed out all the documents and photos for my marriage extension recently and paid 30 baht.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

I've got the Brother HL-1110 which satisfies all my printing needs, and a Canon stand-alone scanner. Although the printer doesn't have ethernet or wifi capability, I have it plugged into the USB port of my Asus RT-AC86U router which can be configured to allow printing from any device on my home network.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've got the Brother HL-1110 which satisfies all my printing needs, and a Canon stand-alone scanner. Although the printer doesn't have ethernet or wifi capability, I have it plugged into the USB port of my Asus RT-AC86U router which can be configured to allow printing from any device on my home network.

I wish I had known - it’s 1000B cheaper, perhaps it wasn’t available a couple of years ago. Great value for a network printer.

The only thing I use it for is for the convenience when dealing with immigration or government offices, so as long as it prints on paper, that’s good enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

What are the stand-alone scanners worth?

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Around 1750B for a basic model, 3000 odd for the next step up.

Tbh, I was rather shocked at the price. I have one here that is working intermittently, and in the end but the bullet on a new one, they seem a bit faster now.

I think you need to think of the saving over a couple of combo-printers, I guess I must have had 4 or 5 cheap canon inkjet printers in that time at 1000B a pop.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Mine is a Canon LIDE 110, which is probably a really old basic scanner, but works very well for me. Cost around 1200 baht IIRC about 5-6 years ago.

There is a second one for sale on Lazada for 600 baht. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/canon-lide-110-used-i872856234-s1762508543.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.67.426541a7H0FLuz&search=1

Edited by Mutt Daeng
more info
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 10:37 AM, recom273 said:

<Snip>

The only thing I use it for is for the convenience when dealing with immigration or government offices, so as long as it prints on paper, that’s good enough.

</Snip>

Same here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Mine is a Canon LIDE 110, which is probably a really old basic scanner, but works very well for me. Cost around 1200 baht IIRC about 5-6 years ago.

There is a second one for sale on Lazada for 600 baht. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/canon-lide-110-used-i872856234-s1762508543.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.67.426541a7H0FLuz&search=1

Yup, I have always bought that model - I lost one in a Bangkok downpour and the last one just stopped working.

I bought the Lide 330 this time, which I think is the new base model. They “warm up” a lot faster and they also scan faster than the 110.

I couldn’t see any 110, they were all “wishlist” on Lazada. 

Edited by recom273

I have a basic Fiji/Xerox lazer printer w/copy/scan purchased at IT City 5 years ago for about B2000.  Never a problem with it though it does get pretty light usage.

Toner cartridges are readily available and usually about B800.  They last me at least a year.

No issues with paper handling.  Mine is non-wifi but a wifi version is available and if I had it to do over, I'd pay the extra for the convenience of wifi.

Edited by dddave

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

I purchased one of these Fuji's a few years ago and have been really happy with it.

It has a scanner and copier as well.

https://www.officemate.co.th/en/fujixerox-มัลติฟังก์ชันเลเซอร์-ขาวดำ-fujixerox-docuprint-m115w-ofm4003784

Have you had to replace the cartridge, if so, how much was it?

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Have you had to replace the cartridge, if so, how much was it?

Purchased one replacement cartridge.

Not a genuine one.

Got a generic one from Lazada for about 300 Baht if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 1