Types of cat food

GuyDow

Leaving aside tinned cat food, there are two main types. One is small hard pellets and is called "ahaan meow met". The other comes in sachets and is moist. What is this second type called? I'm fed up having to describe it each time since I don't know the correct name for it.

Thanks for any help on this one.

• Like 1

To add to ColeBOzbourne's post, they appear to use envelope ซอง or pouch เพาซ์ to distinguish from a can:

https://www.robinson.co.th/th/maria-kitten-food-chicken-and-salmon-in-gravy-x-12-pcs-mkp0546933
eg https://supertstore.com/products/product/19792
So you could try eg: อาหารเปียกแมวแบบซอง

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, katana said:

อาหารเปียกแมว

This somehow sounds funny for me, to me อาหารแมวเปียก sounds better. But upon looking it up on Google อาหารเปียกแมว seems to be the correct order or words and my feeling deceived me.

I would probably prefer to say อาหารแมวชนิด (or แบบ) เปียกในซอง this feels the most precise to me.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jackdd said:

This somehow sounds funny for me, to me อาหารแมวเปียก sounds better. But upon looking it up on Google อาหารเปียกแมว seems to be the correct order or words and my feeling deceived me.

I would probably prefer to say อาหารแมวชนิด (or แบบ) เปียกในซอง this feels the most precise to me.

Looks like either way works เปียกแมว or แมวเปียก
Lazada search:
1370 items found for "อาหารเปียกแมวแบบซอง" ahaan piak meow baep sawng
1370 items found for "อาหารแมวเปียกแบบซอง" ahaan meow piak baep sawng

On 5/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, jackdd said:

Just asked a native Thai speaker. Her translation (below) matched your preferred word order:

อาหารแมวแบบเปียก แบบซอง

So, take that for what it's worth.

9 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Just based off how much the cats love and yearn to eat fish. ????

And yet fish is not a natural part of cats' diet.  (After all, almost of all of them don't like getting wet, so how could they catch it?)

Catfood manufacturers make a lot of fish catfood because fish is cheap, and they can include all the fishy bits (guts, bones, scales) that mere humans wouldn't touch.  Cats have become used to the taste, but it's not particularly good for them.