Retirement extension expired ....

I went round my pals today, and he showed me his passport .....

His Retirement extension expired today (British passport holder)  and by the time he told me immigration had already shut, and apparently they are not open on monday (holiday ?) ....

My question to you learned folk is:

Can he rock up to immigration on tues and renew his retirement extension and appologise for being a couple of days late ??

Or - will he have to start again and leave the country ??

TIA ...

If I fullfilled the requirements (money etc.) and was 1 or 2 days late, I'd get the letter from the bank 1st thing in the morning and off straight to immigration. Your friend could message an agency (like Maneerat if in Pat) to ask what to do. Agencies often reply on Line even when their offices are closed.

Just now, Kopitiam said:

I wonder why people still wait until the very last day to renew their retirement extension.  You can renew it 30 days (some Immigration offices even 45 days) before expiry date and you don't lose a single day.

Depends which office you use.

In Chiang Mai your extension starts on the day of application .......... so I wait until the last day.

• Confused 6

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Chiang Mai your extension starts on the day of application .......... so I wait until the last day.

In Chiang Mai, Non IMM O-A extensions of stay follow the calendar based on the expiry of previous extensions not the date of application for renewal. Non IMM O may be different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's not true. I always extend at Chiang Mai around 20 - 40 days in advance and have done so annually for the past 7 years, and my extension has ALWAYS started when the existing one expired. e.g. this year my extension expired on 14 May. I went to CM Immigration on 22 April. New extension granted and expiry date is 14 May 2022.

• Like 2

Like UbonJoe said  pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine then just do normal renewal. 4 years ago I misread the date in passport and went up to Chang Watena 8 days passed my date. Had all paperwork for retirement extension with me. Immigration guy said "you on 8 day overstay "that will be 4,000 baht please plus 1900 baht for extension. Stamped and done.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He can on Monday (no holiday until the 26th) and apply for the extension and be fined for 3 days or overstay which is 500 baht per day.

Immigration will do the extension without a problem after the overstay fine is paid.

Thanks Joe ..... Took him to a visa agent (pattaya) this morning - They are sorting everything on Monday - 1,500 b overstay as you said ....

• Like 1