Phuket quarantine for domestic arrivals not vaccinated, unable to prove COVID-negative

webfact

1621317385_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong speaking from Phuket Provincial Hall last night (May 17). Screenshot: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: People wanting to enter Phuket who are not fully vaccinated or cannot prove they have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arriving must serve a 14-day quarantine if they want to enter the province.

Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong confirmed the policy through the live broadcast online at 8pm last night following the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee yesterday (May 17). 

Another official order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew, confirming the policy that was already mandated by a provincial order, was posted publicly at 10pm last night.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-quarantine-for-domestic-arrivals-not-vaccinated-unable-to-prove-covid-negative-80044.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-18

• Thanks 1

I certainly hope Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong isn't holding his breath waiting for me to front up at his border with my tourist Baht!

Then again I could be a healthy "day tripper" and spend it all in one binge!

Wackers!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, LivinginKata said:

Talk about key stone cops. How would pax be allowed on a flight with proof vax or test, airline needs to be held responsible for doc checks.

You forget that domestic tourists (foreigners already here) can just drive across a bridge.