Travelling to Thailand when you already had Covid (Asking for a friend)

Hello,
My friends father got sick, went to the hospital, got tested, had covid, got well, and is now wondering if he is allowed to travel to Thailand.

Would he still need to show a COE, PCR test, or vaccine papers and so on if he already had it?

I haven't read anything about this but figured someone on this forum probably knows. ????

Thank you for any insight,

Cheers! 

14 hours ago, HappyFalang said:

Thank you for the information.
So basically there is no difference practically when entering Thailand no matter if you had it or not?

The requirements are exactly the same?

Yes that's correct.

There is no difference. I had Covid in the UK in early January. Apart from having to delay my return travel, I had to obtain the same documents as anyone else would. I returned in early February with no problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have said, requirements are the same regardless of whether one has already had COVID or been vaccinated.

There is a slight extra  risk for your friend in that sometimes very small remnants of virus remain in the body for a while post infection and this could lead to a positive PCR test. Probably won't, but could. The PCR does nto distinguish between living and dead viral particles, it just tests for the rpesence of the genetic material.

If it happens on hie pre-departure test, no problem (other than delaying the trip), but if it happens on one of the tests done on him in quarantine in Thailand, he will face mandatory hospitalization under conditions he has no real say in. Could even be a "field hospital" (basically large detention centers). Thsi is true even when completely asymptomatic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

The above advice is correct.

Just remember you can get Covid more than once & if do can still be a carrier.

The innoculation is not a magic bullet just make it easier to recover from

A doctor told me that if you get it a second time the symptoms would be a lot worse than the first time ( if you had symptoms.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

A doctor told me that if you get it a second time the symptoms would be a lot worse than the first time ( if you had symptoms.

Your doctor is giving you incorrect information.

There is published scientific information in the Lancet and other medical journals that state quite clearly  that second time around Covid infection and Covid vaccine recipients who contract Covid have considerably less symptoms and discomfort from. and do not Need o be hospitalised. 
I also states that vaccinated people are less likely  by 95% to be carriers and spreaders of the virus, the proof of this is evident in the U.K. where some 60 million doses have been given and now the infection rate has gone from near 30,000 a day to some 2,000 and the death rate from 1,500 deaths each day to just two today.

The only uncertainty at this time is the Indian variant which is spreading quite quickly, however all of those infected are people who have not had the vaccine because they have refused it, some for religious reasons but mostly because they have read and believe the fake news spread by the ill informed idiot brigade.

28 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Your doctor is giving you incorrect information.

There is published scientific information in the Lancet and other medical journals that state quite clearly  that second time around Covid infection and Covid vaccine recipients who contract Covid have considerably less symptoms and discomfort from. and do not Need o be hospitalised. 
I also states that vaccinated people are less likely  by 95% to be carriers and spreaders of the virus, the proof of this is evident in the U.K. where some 60 million doses have been given and now the infection rate has gone from near 30,000 a day to some 2,000 and the death rate from 1,500 deaths each day to just two today.

The only uncertainty at this time is the Indian variant which is spreading quite quickly, however all of those infected are people who have not had the vaccine because they have refused it, some for religious reasons but mostly because they have read and believe the fake news spread by the ill informed idiot brigade.

Now you are giving false information about those infected with the Indian variant.Almost none of the people actually refused the vaccine,it wasn't offered,some had no access to the info because of language difficulties or no internet access,some had great difficulty getting to the vaccination centres and so on and on.You are just parroting the government's dis-information that the reason for the spread of the variant is all the public's fault and not because they failed to stop flights from India for 3 weeks.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As others have said, requirements are the same regardless of whether one has already had COVID or been vaccinated.

There is a slight extra  risk for your friend in that sometimes very small remnants of virus remain in the body for a while post infection and this could lead to a positive PCR test. Probably won't, but could. The PCR does nto distinguish between living and dead viral particles, it just tests for the rpesence of the genetic material.

If it happens on hie pre-departure test, no problem (other than delaying the trip), but if it happens on one of the tests done on him in quarantine in Thailand, he will face mandatory hospitalization under conditions he has no real say in. Could even be a "field hospital" (basically large detention centers). Thsi is true even when completely asymptomatic.

This is true. I tested positive on January 4th. I self-isolated for 14 days and tested again on the 22nd and it was negative. I then rebooked my flights for February 4th, tested on the 2nd and was able to fly. This tight timeline might not work for everyone though, as the quoted post mentions. 

The other thing to be wary of is that some insurance policies may not cover you if you’re asymptomatic, as they will argue you didn’t need hospitalisation and/or treatment.  

5 hours ago, adammike said:

Now you are giving false information about those infected with the Indian variant.Almost none of the people actually refused the vaccine,it wasn't offered,some had no access to the info because of language difficulties or no internet access,some had great difficulty getting to the vaccination centres and so on and on.You are just parroting the government's dis-information that the reason for the spread of the variant is all the public's fault and not because they failed to stop flights from India for 3 weeks.

Indeed, little effort went into vaccinating the Indian public prior to this last outbreak and vaccines were not widely available. Rather India concentrated on producing vaccines for export. A huge mistake due to false complacency after the initial waves were nto as bad as expected. . Similiar to mistakes made in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, adammike said:

that the reason for the spread of the variant is all the public's fault and not because they failed to stop flights from India for 3 weeks.

At what point did I or anyone else say that the government not stopping the return of Indian nationals from the sub continent did not have an effect on the infection rates? Of course it did, BUT had those who live here year round accepted the vaccine that the government all but pleaded with them to accept, the evidence shows that the rate of infection would not have been as high as it has become.

Those Asians who did have the vaccine to date have had no infection. 
The government and it’s scientists have clearly stated and reiterated that the infections are in the antivaccer minority. They are not my words

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Indeed, little effort went into vaccinating the Indian public prior to this last outbreak and vaccines were not widely available. Rather India concentrated on producing vaccines for export. A huge mistake due to false complacency after the initial waves were nto as bad as expected. . Similiar to mistakes made in Thailand.

You are 100% correct in your assessment and it is my understanding but not acceptance in total that the U.K. Government believed as we all did the there was indeed an concerted effort in India to vaccinate some 4.1 million of the population daily but if fact considerably less than that were being vaccinated because the produced vaccine was being sold around the world, money being more important than life itself.