list covid insurance for coe

43,000 THB.  Yes.  I have an OA and I paid 61,000 for a policy that is OA complaint and COE compliant.  I am under 60 years old.  This is what I paid when I came back with a new OA Retirement Visa.  

Good luck on coming back.  

1 hour ago, rickthailand said:

thanks  they cost 43.000thb??  i am coming back with retirement visa

What type of visa will you be using for entry? Non-o or a OA visa. Or a re-entry permit for a existing extension of stay based upon retirement.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa will you be using for entry? Non-o or a OA visa. Or a re-entry permit for a existing extension of stay based upon retirement.

i will be using reentry on a existing extension

rick

19 minutes ago, rickthailand said:

i will be using reentry on a existing extension

rick

The Covid Insurance must cover your period of stay granted on entry, so the question is when is your current extension dated until.

Which Country are you returning from.

Edited by Tanoshi

11 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

How can I find out if my European Health insurance is alible.

At least it has full coverage without limitation for any illness, not like this expensive joke insurances here in Asia. 

You need something to prove it covers $100,000 of covid 19 treatment in writing that you can submit with the certificate of entry application.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need something to prove it covers $100,000 of covid 19 treatment in writing that you can submit with the certificate of entry application.

Is that meant the 3.2 Million THB from these Thai Joke Insurances?

I checked that they have a life insurance of 3.2M and on the other site 3.2M for healing. What is if the 3.2M are used already for ICU and later you close your eyes. Is there still money to pay out the life insurance?

Or do they take this money as maximum and once you die only the rest will pay out?

Not that I want to make a win from, my price would be too high with my life. But I want to clarify this stupid rules in Asia Insurances.

I have a European Insurance which cover everything and inpatient 2 Bed room. What about Outpatient? Will cover these funny Thai Insurance that ?

My will pay for any , In or Outpatient.

16 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

I have a European Insurance which cover everything and inpatient 2 Bed room. What about Outpatient? Will cover these funny Thai Insurance that ?

The $100,000 US is the minimum required for coverage. If your insurance covers more it will be accepted.

1 hour ago, rickthailand said:

i will just renew my retirement extension before i go to holland so mine will be valid for 1 year when i return.

are there not other companies that are cheaper than 43.000thb?

You can always request quotes from other Insurers.

The problem with your current plan is you require cover for 12 months.

If I were in your position, I'd serious consider saving 2,900 baht on your next extension and re-entry permit and leave just before my current extension was expiring.

I'd then re-entry Visa exempt, only 30/45 days Insurance required, (60 days = 8640BHT) then apply Non O at Immigration, followed by the 1 year extension again.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

so if i change my travel plans and i arrive back in thailand on the 5th of juli and do 14 days quarantine i get out on the 19th (extension runs out on the 23rd of juli)so i can renew my extension before the 23rd of juli. i would only need

covid insurance for 1 month?

rick

10 hours ago, MayPutThai said:

How can I find out if my European Health insurance is alible.

At least it has full coverage without limitation for any illness, not like this expensive joke insurances here in Asia. 

Call your insurance co. and have them issue you a letter describing your coverage, Make sure that it says $100,000 or more coverage for covid  or Unlimited.

My Blue Cross Blue Shield  from the US was accepted by the Washington DC Embassy for my COE , Initially it was rejected saying that it did not say "$100,000 coverage"

I pointed out that it said unlimited, and it was accepted.

There are only a couple of people doing this at the embassy and they are overworked and underpaid, They don't like  this as much as we do, so be kind to them , be respectful and sympathetic. And they will respond in kind. 

4 hours ago, rickthailand said:

so if i change my travel plans and i arrive back in thailand on the 5th of juli and do 14 days quarantine i get out on the 19th (extension runs out on the 23rd of juli)so i can renew my extension before the 23rd of juli. i would only need

covid insurance for 1 month?

rick

Yes.