Non immigrant O Visa

Hello all,   I was hoping you could clear up some confusuion I have re my Visa.    I have a non- immigrant O visa that is set to expire or renew in July.    Due to an unforseen circumstance,   My trip to the states which i HAD PLANNED to concide immideately after i RENEWED MY VISA  has been moved up.

Can I hasten my visa renewal and keep the 1 year renewal and just move it up a notch,   or is it set in stone that I must renew on the original 12 month aniversary?

We were hoping that by having a non imm O 12 mo visa,   I would face less issues to return to thailand rather than coming back on a tourist visa in the future.

I think you have a one year extension not a 90 day non-o visa entry. Visas cannot be extended or renewed while in the country.

You can normally apply for a extension of stay up 30 days early or 45 days at some offices. 

Many have done them earlier if you can show a ticket out of the country.

• Like 1

You can obtain 12 month extension 30 days prior to expiry and 45 days at some offices.

You can also in some cases apply a bit earlier than outlined above for a 'solid' reason. You could approach immigration office with your plane ticket and try a nice spin. 

Which immigration office do you deal with

Just now, samuttodd said:

That is right.. Initially,  I had a 90 day deal that my thai embassy back home a-ok'd.  Then I got a 12 mo visa with 90 check ins.   

You obtained a 12 month extension to your permission of stay (not a visa)

2 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I have worked with the folks at the office in Samut Sakhon   in between mahachai and Bkk Proper

So when does current extension expire and when is planned flight

Edited by DrJack54

Assuming that you're married to a Thai national, there's nothing to stop you applying for a fresh real genuine McCoy visa of the non-O variety while you're in the States if you experience no joy with your immigration office here in obtaining a fresh extension of stay masquerading as one!????

• Like 1