Returned to UK for vaccination. Information to assist others.

7 hours ago, jojothai said:

You can say any interpretation you want.

I was told three times, once in person at a vaccination clinic opposite where i was staying.

They were appalled that i had even come out to ask.

Read the isolation rules and take your chances.

Not my interpretation, but the government's in their advice to vaccinators which you have conveniently ignored.  In your/their defence, it may have been issued after your experience in May.

As an aside, the Compass Centre near Heathrow was even vaccinating people from red countries who were in nearby quarantine hotels but allowed out for the vaccination.  Do you think that would happen if things were as you described?

3 hours ago, jojothai said:

So you can go out to get medicines.

However, you went out to get a vaccination. Not to get a medicine.
The vaccine itself can be classed as a medicine but that itself is arguable. You can search and readily see that.

The NHS in the UK and the CDC in the USA disagree with your statement and a vaccine is most definitely classed as a medicine - a preventive medicine is the term I believe which I'm sure you'll have heard of.

NHS: Like all medicines, the COVID-19 vaccines can cause side effects, but not everyone gets them.

CDC: This is what makes vaccines such powerful medicine.

Sources:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/safety-and-side-effects/

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vpd-vac-basics.html

That being the case, the rest of your post falls apart and the current guidance is as I posted.

3 hours ago, jojothai said:

Its up to the individuals to adhere to isolation rules.  People take their chances.

I think given the points made that's the best way and they now know what the isolation rules permit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, jojothai said:

Then the official line is that you can only book a vaccination if registered with a GP. You cannot use NHS app without a new NHS number. You get that from your GP.

I have been out of UK for many years now and I guess am no longer registered with a GP. My GP died died, so maybe my records were transferred on, but I wouldn't even know who to.

But I still have my original NHS number.

Can I just use that?

On 5/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, treetops said:

Yes, she will.  The UK will vaccinate anyone there no matter their immigration status.

AND, she will receive an NHS number about 8 weeks later, likely posted to the address you give unless they have caught up with the World Wide Web and email it since my missus did it.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:55 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

I have been out of UK for many years now and I guess am no longer registered with a GP. My GP died died, so maybe my records were transferred on, but I wouldn't even know who to.

But I still have my original NHS number.

Can I just use that?

Try to register on the NHS app and put in your last address when you were registered with a GP.
If I recall, You do not have to put your NHS number. Just your name and address.
NHS I spoke to said that  they could not find records, but that does not mean there is no record.
When I went for my first vaccination at a pop up center. they found my name and had a reference under my last address from 26 years ago. I had not thought to put that in to the registration, because all my personal details are registered elsewhere now.
When I put in my name and the old address from 26 years ago it worked and i got registered.

Then I found my new national health number under the new system.
When in UK I have registered with a new GP in my home town location. So I will be ok from now on using that. 

Try registration on the NHS app with your last address for a GP. Let us know how you get on.

Edited by jojothai
correction