Need help with a divorce question

DennyBoi47

I am an Australian who married a Thai girl in Bangkok in 2015.

I have not seen her since 2017 and I need to divorce her as I plan on remarrying next year.

I do not have any paperwork related to my marriage and I also do not have any way of contacting her.

Does anybody have any advice on what I need to do?

• Confused 1

Yes, I am going to guess you need to contact her.. 

Maybe try a village wedding next time? No papers etc... 

You must know at least a little bit about her - where she worked, lived or the village she came from?? Start tracking her down... 

Sorry, I can really only answer with questions, but it is a bit difficult to imagine, assuming some element of sobriety... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 2

Your only option, as I see it is to go see a lawyer over here and get them to sort out your situation. Assuming that you were LEGALLY married over here, you need an original copy (or 2) of your flowery marriage cert. Maybe the same office where you got the original, might be able to produce a duplicate???????

• Like 1

You need the help of a local lawyer to go to where you have registered your marriage and find out who and what are the woman's contact details such place of birth, family and relatives and try to trace from there, PM me if you need a referral to a person who can help...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DennyBoi47 said:

I am an Australian who married a Thai girl in Bangkok in 2015.

I have not seen her since 2017 and I need to divorce her as I plan on remarrying next year.

I do not have any paperwork related to my marriage and I also do not have any way of contacting her.

Does anybody have any advice on what I need to do?

Step 1: If you married the woman legally, at a district office, you needed to get a certificate of freedom to marry from your embassy and submit it to the district office. Check with the Australian embassy in Bangkok if they have a record of of having issued this document to you in 2015.

P.S.  On https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html, I see that the Australian embassy calls this document Certificate of no Impediment.

Edited by Puccini
added subscript

OP, are you in Thailand ?

If so, go to the office were you got married. They should have all details.

I believe after a certain time has elapsed and the other party cannot be contacted,, one party can do the divorce without the other party.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Given the scarcity of details in the opening post of this topic, I suspect that DennyBoi47 does not remember the name or the location of the place where he thinks he got married in Bangkok in 2015.

Done in a drunken stupor?  Can not be done that way.  You spend at least a good few hours in the Amphur with all of your documents that were translated from English into Thai, such as the affidavit of freedom to marry.  He should remember getting those documents and possibly where he was married in Bangkok.  Did the wife take his name?  Lots left out.

10 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Given the scarcity of details in the opening post of this topic, I suspect that DennyBoi47 does not remember the name or the location of the place where he thinks he got married in Bangkok in 2015.

Was he drunk then ?