Anyone know the fine for driving the wrong way down a one way street?

I came down a deserted walking street in Pattaya today to meet the boys in brown at the end. They check the tax, licence, helmet of my scooter etc and then charged me 500 for coming the wrong way. i didnt actually know another way out apart from back to the pier, so i came that way. Is 500 right? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

The answer to your question is :

Whatever the guy in the uniform says it is ! As we all know that can vary day by day and who you see on the day.

The key with these if you want to be bothered with it, is to sayyou got no cash on you and to meet him at the local cop shop. There you can pay and be given the receipt, if they(he) can be bothered to accomadate you and not just send you on your way.

• Like 1

I got fined 200 Baht for driving without any license. 800 Baht for driving 91km/h in 90km/h zone (not my opinion, they told me I was doing 91 in 90). And everything inbetween these prices. Whatever they say goes.

Edited by AndyAndyAndy

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I thought it was fine to drive a motor bike any which way in Thailand. at least it is in Khon kaen. I see it every day. 

That's only if driving on the sidewalk...on the road you must follow the rules

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Regain said:

I came down a deserted walking street in Pattaya today to meet the boys in brown at the end. They check the tax, licence, helmet of my scooter etc and then charged me 500 for coming the wrong way. i didnt actually know another way out apart from back to the pier, so i came that way. Is 500 right? 

Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522, Section 41 confirms maximum B500 fine is correct.

9 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I got fined 200 Baht for driving without any license. 800 Baht for driving 91km/h in 90km/h zone (not my opinion, they told me I was doing 91 in 90). And everything inbetween these prices. Whatever they say goes.

There are maximum fines laid out in the Land Traffic Act but the police have discretion to fine whatever amount they feel is appropriate up to that amount and it will be notated on the ticket (if that's the route you choose to go).