Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination Requests from Foreigners Residing in Chiang Mai Province

webfact

1 hour ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Large Print and summary please.

If you reside in ChiangMai province you can scan the QR code to get to the registration site.  There, you enter your information including passport number,  submit the form and receive a confirmation email immediately.  Date and time for vaccinations to follow.  Again, only for Chiang Mai province.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

It says Download from www.chiangmai.go.th   or  www.chiangmaihealth.co.th   or  direct from www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR/

PS;As usual with Thai Gov websites it is usually better to disconnect any VPNs!

Edited by fangless
PS added
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

https://www.facebook.com/covid.int.cm/posts/315561210010274

www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR/

If you download and then reopen the image file below on a PC, the original image is plenty large enough to read.

1724841242_CMVac1.thumb.jpg.ffd80cdcd2c6dbfb1c26a29f65190002.jpg

CM vaccine contacts.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fangless said:

PS;As usual with Thai Gov websites it is usually better to disconnect any VPNs!

There's a specific mention on their Facebook page that the vaccination registration site may not work when a VPN is enabled, so apparently early users were reporting problems with that.

So right now CM is in the data gathering phase(how many foreigners submit the form).  Then a priority list will be established.  Then the number of vaccine doses will be ordered?  I really can't see this as a quick process.  It could be  at least 3 to 6 months before those who register through this process will get appointments to get vaccinated(but I could be wrong?).

Americans residing in CM who want a jab should register for this IMO.  However, there is a bipartisan effort to pressure the US president to send Moderna and Pfizer to Thailand to vaccinate US citizens. 

https://asiatimes.com/2021/05/us-expats-plea-for-vaccine-help-in-viral-thailand/

also this:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-americans-who-cant-get-vaccines-11622156230?st=4mn1i8jb96sdaxf&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Edited by Kelsall

I am in Ampeu Sanpatong, Health officials came to our village health centre at the beginning of the month and Paw Luang in his morning diatribe urged all villagers to go and register, I did on the second day  and I now have an appointment at Sanpatong Hospital on 2nd July

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is one of the few, sorry times in my longish life that I can ever remember myself saying as an American citizen -- why can China manage to do that for its citizens where otherwise lacking (ensure vaccinations for those abroad), but the U.S. and other western powers haven't and thus far won't.   ????

China donated millions of doses of its Sinovac vaccine to Thailand, and then turned right around and said, ohh by the way, we want to use a portion of those doses to ensure that every Chinese national in Thailand gets a dose of our vaccine at no cost. And Thailand even set up a special clinic in Bangkok to host and provide the vaccination site for Chinese Embassy staff and expat citizens.

Meanwhile, regarding what other countries are doing for their expats effectively stranded in Thailand right now amid the pandemic (no place to stay back in the home country, health risks from international air travel, 14-day hotel-bill quarantine upon return to Thailand, etc etc)  ......

Man up. Don’t expect to be cared for like a child.

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is one of the few, sorry times in my longish life that I can ever remember myself saying as an American citizen -- why can China manage to do that for its citizens where otherwise lacking (ensure vaccinations for those abroad), but the U.S. and other western powers haven't and thus far won't.   ????

China donated millions of doses of its Sinovac vaccine to Thailand, and then turned right around and said, ohh by the way, we want to use a portion of those doses to ensure that every Chinese national in Thailand gets a dose of our vaccine at no cost. And Thailand even set up a special clinic in Bangkok to host and provide the vaccination site for Chinese Embassy staff and expat citizens.

Meanwhile, regarding what other countries are doing for their expats effectively stranded in Thailand right now amid the pandemic (no place to stay back in the home country, health risks from international air travel, 14-day hotel-bill quarantine upon return to Thailand, etc etc)  ......

They are busy with vaccinating of immigrants from Mexico border, no time for Americans who live beyond the borders. They will need those immigrants votes for future elections. Dirty politicians.
"no one will be left behind" ???????????? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 months is not an unrealistic time period. But the situation is quite fluid; for example, Sinopharm was approved and this may lead to additional supply.

For Chiang Mai Residents:

Non-Thai individuals who have questions about Covid vaccination are encouraged to email  Chiang Mai Public Health at [email protected].  I will endeavor to create a FAQ page.  Remember, if you"re asking the question, no doubt 10 others have the same thought.

If you have both Thai and US citizenship, should you register with this option in addition to the local Thai options? I assumed the Thai registration would result in a faster appointment, but now I'm wondering whether multiple efforts might be the best bet?