Pool Table

pazza

Hi, I would like to buy a Pool Table (for my house ) does anyone know of a pool table shop in Nong khai ?

All the shops I can see on-line (Lazada etc) are all down South.

Hope you can help

Thanks ????

hi

i don't know if it can help

but if you don't mind to buy a second hand pool

i would go around the bars to ask, if one is planing to close

definitively, they will be more than happy to get rid of their pool table

for a good price (Of course you need to know the prices of the new and second hand to avoid someone trying to sell you a second hand at the price of a new one ! The famous ''farang price'' lol )

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

If you are interested I can PM you the phone number of a pool equipment shop in Bangkok (in Trendy building).

They are connected with the pool player community in Bangkok. I am sure they know about new tables, old tables, and refurbishment. I guess the transport cost wouldn't be the main issue.

In case you don't know it be aware that these things are very heavy. I once saw when guys refurbished a 9" professional table. It had 3 (or was it 6?) slate plates and with each of these plates two (seemingly strong guys) struggled to handle them.

IMG_5863.jpg

All the major table makers have tables in Bangkok. Boss probably the cheapest, Rhino, Valley is a US name and more expensive. Take a few days in Bangkok, nice hotel and pick one out. I wouldn't want to buy a table from a pic. I bought a Boss from a Pattaya dealer, used 3.5x7 for 33K, looked new.

Edited by EVENKEEL

Hi, lots of interesting and thought provoking posts, Im not in a great rush so I will weigh up my options (refurbished over new, private sale over company sale and of course, best value for me ).

I appreciate all the suggestions and thank everybody for their time.

Always a pleasure on ThaiVisa

Thanks all

Steve

• Like 1

One thing i miss here in issam is a game of pool when i was at my place in phuket at least i could go to a bar and have a game or play in the local competition but with covid out breaks , its better i stay safe here . unless there is someone in the KunHan area who has a table. and wants to invite me around for a game ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the OP sorted out this already, but I can share some of my own experience:

I bought a 2nd hand 8 ft pool table in Bangkok around 5 years ago, and had it transported to near Udon Thani where I lived then. And I guess most of the pool- and snooker tables in Isaan (or anywhere else in Thailand) comes from dealers or producers around BKK?

Anyway, things to be considered:

Pool/snooker table itself, including cues/balls/any extras = x baht

Transport = y baht (I paid 2000 baht BKK to UT 5 yrs ago)

New cloth = between 1000 and 10 000 baht (I paid 2000). There is no way to use the original cloth as the table will be dismantled before moving it, and the cloth is glued to the slates.

Assembling in your home, 2 "professional pool/snooker technicians" (normally Bangkokians, I didn`t find anyone around here)= 3000-5000 baht. This cost can probably be skipped if you have the right tools and some degree of know-how. 

So all in all; count the price for the table itself and add the costs above, and note that all my figures are from 2016.