Disabled person and marriage

Hi all,

I come here and ask probably a taught question. 

I got a disability - side effect from past treatment that literally ruin the nerves my legs ( neuropathy and fibromalgia ). I from France, and i don't have any support from my government for this. 

My parents help me once a year and i usually doing Forex trading as a way to sustain myself. I don't earn much but that's ok for now. 

The important part is here,  i found herbal remedies as well as diet and different spices that help me feel not only better but also start to recover. And i also have a wonferful girlfriend since 2 years, she is my age ( im 45) , who support my healing and encourage me daily. So definitly, this is the 2 things i don't want to loose, and we are looking to get married together ( love is here, not s scam stuff ) and see if i could stay here or not. 

I don't have the 400k on the bank for make "marriage visa" and i don't earn 40k per month doing trading. Actually, i don't see lot of foreigner earning more than 25-30k per month here.. 

So,  i got a visa here for until next February, i'm not in a rush. I just come and ask a question here, if there's a way for making this happen.. I remember i saw a person in Buriram immigration who told me they get married, didn't have the 400k or 40k per month and figure out to stay on tourist visa for quiet some times ..Don't know if this is possible. If anyone here can suggest some ideas, i'll take it.

Thank you very much and stay safe all.

Jeffrey.

• Like 1

@fishtank

Thank you for your reply. How to you plan then to stay long term based on getting married to a thai lady? For last year, i had a NON B visa for give me myself time to see how i can handle y disease. I'm not gone pay this amount each year, it's insane. So, do a tourist visa and a visit to immigration every 3 months + fees could be acceptable ?

Thank you

23 minutes ago, jeff270476 said:

@ubonjoe,

Thank you...So it's fully possible to run a tourist visa here "endlessly" if you have a thai wife ? But for get a one time extension per year, you need 400k or/and proof of income no less than 40K, correct ?

No, you cannot run a tourist visa here endlessly.

OP, I assume your aware that the 400k only needs to be in the bank for 2 months prior to applying for extension (marriage) and for some immigration offers an added period on ~ one month. Then that money can be used as needed. So in a way it works out to be around 33k per month. Your situation is difficult.

Your under 50yr so using an agent not good option as that also requires payment. 

Only thing comes to mind is to borrow from family. For example if the amount they send you each year is say 200k.

Then perhaps they as a once off send 400k and you never run that down below 200 and then ongoing they only send 200k every year.

When borders open you could obtain a ME Non O (marriage) at Thai consulate where they offer them Savannakhet

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

you could perhaps ask your parents for a 400k loan

and park it in a thai bank indefinitely,

or move to france where she will be eligible for state money.

and you yourself sounds like you are eligible for disability pension, but you need to be in france and work on that

I read on Facebook group from a French user that the French Embassy will still issue income affidavits. Someone else might be able to confirm or deny this but you could get a sworn statement from your embassy stating that you make >= 40K THB income from abroad which would allow you to get a yearly extension.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

I read on Facebook group from a French user that the French Embassy will still issue income affidavits. Someone else might be able to confirm or deny this but you could get a sworn statement from your embassy stating that you make >= 40K THB income from abroad which would allow you to get a yearly extension.

I completely overlooked that option.

Yes French can provide income letter surely.

Being AU tend to forget about the lovely option.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

@scammed,

Yes it's true but i need to be in France - stay in France and live in France. That's not what i wanna do, either my gf. She has a farm here, she is happy with it. 

I wonder how people in Ko Phangan does , some are there for other 2-3 years on tourist visa..The covid situation my make it easier but still. Im gone look but going back France, noway..QR CODE, sanitary pass , and it's pfzeir product that gave me the health issue. 

See also if border countries reopen..

OP - first and foremost, you will need to obtain an affirmation of freedom to marry from the French Embassy if you are planning to marry your girlfriend in Thailand. I think that this is the link to the relevant information on the French Embassy website:-

https://th.ambafrance.org/Mariage-en-Thailande-d-un-ressortissant-francais-et-d-un-ressortissant

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1