Criminal record on visa applications

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only required to apply for a Non-OA visa at a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country. It only requires a criminal background check in your home country.

To apply here for a 90 day non-o visa entry or one year extension of stay at immigration there is no requirement for a Thai police clearance certificate.

A late 90 day report is not a criminal offense and would not be shown on any background check.

Yes I will be in my home country when I apply for it. I was told I must have no criminal record in Thailand.

If it isn't a criminal offence, do you know what it's classed as? Both times I had to fill in the RTP forms. Would an overstay fine also not be a criminal offence?

Thank you for the response 

6 minutes ago, gordog said:

Yes I will be in my home country when I apply for it. I was told I must have no criminal record in Thailand.

Who told you that? For a OA visa application only a criminal background check done in your home country is required.

This from a embassy website for a OA visa application.

"2.10 Criminal record (Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification have to valid for not more than three months and must be issued from a state or Federal Bureau of Investigation only. Online criminal record without authorize signature is unacceptable)"

Some info does say no criminal record in Thailand but there is no requirement to prove it. If a person had been prosecuted for a major criminal offence you might no be able to enter the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Who told you that? For a OA visa application only a criminal background check done in your home country is required.

This from a embassy website for a OA visa application.

"2.10 Criminal record (Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification have to valid for not more than three months and must be issued from a state or Federal Bureau of Investigation only. Online criminal record without authorize signature is unacceptable)"

Some info does say no criminal record in Thailand but there is no requirement to prove it. If a person had been prosecuted for a major criminal offence you might no be able to enter the country.

I saw it on here:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/non-immigration-category-o-a/

"3.  must have no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence; "

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, gordog said:

I saw it on here:

That is just in general terms since number 7 under the required documents only mentions a check done by a state or the FBI.

A late 90 day report is about like getting a speeding ticket.

2 hours ago, gordog said:

These incidents were technically crimes so would I therefore be ineligible for the retirement visa? 

Your A ok even if you wanted to obtain a non O-A in your country. Chill.

1 hour ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Not wishing to hijack the thread, my friend has a drink driving offence in the United Kingdom and that ultimately comes with a criminal record. Would this stop him retiring in Thailand?

It probably would not affect a application for a OA visa. It might depend upon whether it is a repeat offense or if they spent time in jail for itf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Not wishing to hijack the thread, my friend has a drink driving offence in the United Kingdom and that ultimately comes with a criminal record. Would this stop him retiring in Thailand?

Not at all. I got Thai citizenship with a criminal record. 

• Like 1