Blogspot Ban?

s.pylos

Hi

Is blogspot banned?

I can access to several friend's blog for a couple of day. I get a time out error all the time.

Thx

[sandy]

I got this:

A number of Thai ISPs have blocked the entire blogspot.com subdomain. I have reports that TOT, Hutch, and CSLoxinfo are 3 such ISPs have who blocked blogspot.com. Others have reported that True has not blocked blogspot.com. This does not appear to affect Blogger.com.

The reason from what I have been able to find out this is because MICT wanted the following websites blocked:

1. All these website are associated with Saturday Voice Against Dictatorship. They were one of the 3 radio stations who spoke to Thaksin last week. It seems that incompetent IT staff just blocked the whole blogspot.com subdomain. I wonder if that bastion of media freedom The Nation would be willing to talk to Thaksin. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.
Edited by Totster
Edited to comply with forum rules

I've not been able to access my own blog for the last 36 hours - it's just been timing out all the time. I'm on TOT in central Bangkok for information. It seems as though 'blog spot' is blocked although I can still post using the blogger log-in page.

My Google Analytics suggests many with the same problem. I normally get around 20/30 Thailand visits per day but I've had none since yesterday morning.