90 day reporting service…..may have shut their doors….

SamSanuk

On 6/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, SamSanuk said:

200 baht for one report. Yes, the passport came back with next 90 day due date.

Honestly for the convenience the 200 baht was well worth it. 

200 baht is not enough for the petrol to & fro and waiting time. If it's for only one person, it's not worth going.

I know of one Thai person who can do it but need about at least 5 passports to submit at the same time.

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Just done a 90 day report at Promenada - arrived at 10:30 and I was they only punter there.....

Yeah, like the rest of the mall, no crowds (but don't go between noon and one, as they're closed for lunch).

Sadly, my planned side visit to Duke's was a miss -- service personnel (and thus service, noticeably decreased), plus quality of food/food preparation a disappointment. But, in fairness to Dave, the honcho, quite understandable with Covid -- I'm sure he's still losing money, even with diminished operating costs.

But ink cartridges at Chi Chiang, and groceries at Rimping, certainly made the total 90 day report trip worthwhile. And now, with a new passport precluding online reporting, even if working -- guess it'll be back to Promenade in the next month. But no Duke's....

20 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Yeah, like the rest of the mall, no crowds (but don't go between noon and one, as they're closed for lunch).

Sadly, my planned side visit to Duke's was a miss -- service personnel (and thus service, noticeably decreased), plus quality of food/food preparation a disappointment. But, in fairness to Dave, the honcho, quite understandable with Covid -- I'm sure he's still losing money, even with diminished operating costs.

But ink cartridges at Chi Chiang, and groceries at Rimping, certainly made the total 90 day report trip worthwhile. And now, with a new passport precluding online reporting, even if working -- guess it'll be back to Promenade in the next month. But no Duke's....

I finally gave up on the Dukes over year ago. I've come to the conclusion that I can make anything they can better (yes, even the pizza) and besides they seemed to stop stocking the imported ales a few years ago.

90 Day Reporting at the Promenada will always be my 'go to place' as it's quick and an easy access for me.

Those of us who were here in the '70s will remember when the Chiang Mai IO was on the road to Mae Rim in an old teak building that looked like a police sub-station out in the bush.

The laid-back atmosphere was only interrupted when the occasional farang would show up and the guys [no gals in those days] would snap to attention, put down their som-tahm and other snacks and greet you with broad smiles.

Recently the Promenada IO seems to be taking a step back in the direction of those halcyon days. But you can bet the ranch that once the number of punters increases exponentially the bureaucratic system will buckle under the strain and revert to dysfunction.

Only a slave-driver who knows how to crack the whip could handle the situation.

Big Joke made a big difference at the main airport IO, but he didn't last long.   A return to the status quo will see many people paying for the services of agents.<removed>

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:10 PM, deej said:

So far ,this Visa yr .my extension retirement and two 90 day reports drive through at the Cmai Immgr Dept have taken approx 4 hrs in total as a DIY

BTW all the above 3 ,have been posted here????????  as for your sarcastic remark of  not having money ???????? i cuddle my money and spend wisely, With the Zoo day,s presently over  and Cmai Immgr dept  being very quite in numbers ,for any visa the Visa Agents are a busted flush  as DIY IS presently a easy task.

Summing up, over the last 6 months my previous Visa Agents who i have  engaged during the Zoo Days have pleasantly canvassed for my Visa business etc etc to return

Smell the coffee ,again they are a Busted Flush

"Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  

Is that the same kind of thing as "awesome"? Or is it more like "uncool"?
What language is it?
Anything to do with broken toilets?
The only "Busted Flush"  I ever knew was when the chain snapped on my bog.
What connection does it have to 30 day reporting?

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

"Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  "Busted Flush"  . . . .  

Is that the same kind of thing as "awesome"? Or is it more like "uncool"?
What language is it?
Anything to do with broken toilets?
The only "Busted Flush"  I ever knew was when the chain snapped on my bog.
What connection does it have to 30 day reporting?

What's a 'bog'? My only thought is a swampy area of land such as a marsh. What kind of nonsense language are you using?  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

What's a 'bog'? My only thought is a swampy area of land such as a marsh. What kind of nonsense language are you using?  ????

English from England you know ...

Bonnet for hood - not a ladies hat, boot for trunk - not a type of footwear, bog for toilet ...

All comes from driving on the wrong side of the road - 555

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

English from England you know ...

Bonnet for hood - not a ladies hat, boot for trunk - not a type of footwear, bog for toilet ...

All comes from driving on the wrong side of the road - 555

Take it back and keep it there.  You should know that some stuff needs to be kept locked up????.