Arriving in Nakhon Phanom by air

Ombra

In normal times, AirAsia has 21 flights a week to Nakhon Phanom, but this week there were only two and so the flight was packed. In Bangkok, AirAsia staff didn't bother to check temperatures at the gate (they could learn a thing or two from Makro) and then they packed us in like battery chickens.

On arrival in Nakhon Phanom, however, there were about 30 medical staff waiting whose job it was to take the full details of every passenger and then to take a nasal swab from each. I thought that we were going to be queuing for an hour or more, but  they got through the whole plane load in about twenty minutes. It was really very impressive work. If the lab is as efficient, I should have my result late tomorrow, and I'll just hope that the paddy wagon doesn't come calling.

What will they do if they find out you or anyone else on the plane tests positive? Did you ask or did they tell you to isolate yourself from people until you get the test results?

1 hour ago, kiteman9 said:

What will they do if they find out you or anyone else on the plane tests positive? Did you ask or did they tell you to isolate yourself from people until you get the test results?

Yes, sorry. I should have said. Everyone is expected to remain in isolation for two weeks. I came with my wife and we shall just stay in the house until the time elapses. Her relatives will do the shopping for us. 

11 hours ago, Ombra said:

Yes, sorry. I should have said. Everyone is expected to remain in isolation for two weeks. I came with my wife and we shall just stay in the house until the time elapses. Her relatives will do the shopping for us. 

I found that somewhat odd when I got there three weeks ago, the two week self isolation. It obviates the need for the test, I guess. Should be one or the other. In addition, driving into Nakhon Phanom, last week, no checking and no testing.

• Like 1

If you come by road from Bangkok, as I was considering doing, then I think that you are supposed to report the fact and remain in quarantine.

In our case, three health workers arrived at our house at 9 a.m. to check our temperature and to ask my wife to fill in a few forms. They left us a thermometer so that we can keep a daily record, and they said that they will return from time to time to look at our chart and to see how we are. They are certainly well organized and thorough.

• Like 1

Is it not comforting, that every governor can create his own rules and regulations with nasal swabs on one side and no temperatures taken at the other end? Of course, not one of them is qualified and yet they rule over their little empire due to the absolute lack of central leadership and guidance! 

What a complete and utter mess; reflects the ability of this government which is arguably the worst I've seen in 35 years of living here ........ 

6 hours ago, Ombra said:

If you come by road from Bangkok, as I was considering doing, then I think that you are supposed to report the fact and remain in quarantine.

In our case, three health workers arrived at our house at 9 a.m. to check our temperature and to ask my wife to fill in a few forms. They left us a thermometer so that we can keep a daily record, and they said that they will return from time to time to look at our chart and to see how we are. They are certainly well organized and thorough.

That would make sense. I was not informed of that at the checkpoint near the provincial border and no one came visiting, neither when I arrived by air nor by land. That said, Nakhon Phanom seems to be a generally well run province.

• Like 1