Transfer visa (permission to sya extension) to new passport.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Look at your new passport and it should have info in it about you getting a new passport. They do that instead of issuing a letter now.

Its got a stamp (that I have to add my new passport number) that basically says this stamp certifies this new passport number is a replacement for the old and that all visa remain valid.

One stop (Sriracha) is not accepting this stamp and insist the Embassy give me a letter.

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

One stop (Sriracha) is not accepting this stamp and insist the Embassy give me a letter.

You could contact the embassy and try to get something stating they do no do them.

The have this statement on the embassy website.

image.png.02ee5fc00f92793a3b5f584cf1b5feb6.png

Source: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Other_Services_for_Australians.html

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could contact the embassy and try to get something stating they do no do them.

The have this statement on the embassy website.

image.png.02ee5fc00f92793a3b5f584cf1b5feb6.png

Source: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Other_Services_for_Australians.html

Impossible to contact via phone but surpisingly they replied to my email within 30 minutes of sending.

Email confirms they no longer issue a later, instead use the stamp that is placed into the old passport.

This is going to be fun to get One Stop to come round !!

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

This is going to be fun to get One Stop to come round !!

Show them the email.

You would think they would aware already that the embassy does not issue the letters. I am sure there are other Australians using the one stop center.

20 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Is that standard now for all or only Australia?

I renewed my passport two months ago. The Embassy of Switzerland still issues a "request letter to the Thai Immigration Authorities" informing them about the new passport and requesting them to transfer all essential stamps and entries to the new passport. The Embassy asks for a transfer fee of THB 1,320.00 for this.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Look at your new passport and it should have info in it about you getting a new passport. They do that instead of issuing a letter now.

Have just been thru this process. The Aus embassy will not issue a letter but they instead put a stamp in the old passport and then in their presence you will have to write the number of the new passport in the space provided.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:58 AM, Ralf001 said:

Email confirms they no longer issue a later, instead use the stamp that is placed into the old passport.

The problem you may have is knowing if they understand what the words on the stamp and email say - and mean.  I had an unrelated problem  with Thai officialdom a while back where my documents were not being accepted when they were clearly 'fit for purpose'.  I had an idea what the problem was so rather than argue I took them and had them translated - returned to the office with the translations and everything was fine.

I'm pretty sure if I'd argued with them at the first attempt, I'd also have failed at the second because the officer would have lost major 'face' if he'd backed down.

Being able to read English isn't the same as understanding it.  Maybe a good translation's worth a try?

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

The problem you may have is knowing if they understand what the words on the stamp and email say - and mean.  I had an unrelated problem  with Thai officialdom a while back where my documents were not being accepted when they were clearly 'fit for purpose'.  I had an idea what the problem was so rather than argue I took them and had them translated - returned to the office with the translations and everything was fine.

I'm pretty sure if I'd argued with them at the first attempt, I'd also have failed at the second because the officer would have lost major 'face' if he'd backed down.

Being able to read English isn't the same as understanding it.  Maybe a good translation's worth a try?

Sorted it yesterday.

With the email from the embassy stating they don't issue letters and haven't for 5 years the immigration officer was happy to do the stamp transfer.

Tomorrow we renew the extension and work permit, Wonder what joys that will bring !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Sorted it yesterday.

With the email from the embassy stating they don't issue letters and haven't for 5 years the immigration officer was happy to do the stamp transfer.

Tomorrow we renew the extension and work permit, Wonder what joys that will bring !

So they don't issue letters but they do send e-mails that say they don't issue letters................good isn't it ????.

Edited by KhaoYai

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

So they don't issue letters but they do send e-mails that say they don't issue letters................good isn't it ????.

Printed copy of the email was enough to get the job done.

Same same !!

On 6/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, foreverlomsak said:

Is that standard now for all or only Australia?

Are you referring to the stamp in the passport or referring to the letter ? 

If it is for there letter, it is a Yes, for the Australian passport, I am not sure because I am not from Aussie land.

Warmest