Translator / Notary Ubon Ratchathani

Patriot

Knight Visa, have used them many times and more than happy with price and service

127/5 Phalochai Rd, Amphoe Mueang Ubon Ratchathani, Chang Wat Ubon Ratchathani 34000
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

May I ask for what reason you need translation and notary/certification?

Often the two get mixed up. There are not many times when a notary is actually required.

Good question; I want to get a certificate translated from Thai to English, and the have it notarised for foreign travel. A formality I know, but it makes the translation appear more official rather than something I've just bashed out on my type-writer (that shows my age!!)

Just a follow-up.

I got Kroo Ooh up by the airport to Translate and Certify - I forgot she did the latter.

Her certified translation was recognised and approved by the British Embassy when acquiring my son's passport 9 years ago, not sure if things have changed of late though.

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Just a follow-up.

I got Kroo Ooh up by the airport to Translate and Certify - I forgot she did the latter.

Her certified translation was recognised and approved by the British Embassy when acquiring my son's passport 9 years ago, not sure if things have changed of late though.

British embassy do not require notary. A certification from the translator is sufficient. 

A certification simply states the the translation is accurate. A notary signifies it a legal document.

It is very rare that a notary is required when translations are done.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

It is very rare that a notary is required when translations are done.

In some cases a certification of the translation has to be done by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. For example translations to register a marriage at a Amphoe requires it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In some cases a certification of the translation has to be done by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. For example translations to register a marriage at a Amphoe requires it.

Agreed. I should have mentioned that I was referring to Thai to English translations.

Certainly English authorities seem a lot less demanding than Thai.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

Whoever is asking for the translation should be asked to specify whether they want a certified translation or a notarised one if it is not obvious in the documentation of their request.

Kroo Ooh's certified translations have been sufficient for my several purposes in recent years.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes, Kroo Ooh certificated translations, always been enough for me too, not sure if for you is particular case, I also noticed once, when I went to another place, they had  the translation made from Kroo Ooh, too. I guess she provide translations also for other offices in ubon.