Discount/loyalty Cards/promotions

mallmagician

Thought it may be an idea to put a thread on here for people that are aware of offers, or discount/Loyalty cards available in places in Chiang Mai. These could be permanent offers/cards available, or just really good promotions you have spotted! Not limited to food, anything would be good!

To get it started:-

Pizza Company:- 199Baht gets you a 2 pizzas for the price of 1 discount card. Takeaway collection only. Free Pizza must be of equal or lesser value than the one you pay for! Can be used for upto 3 free pizzas a day! (Hungry?) I just got mine, and it runs out 30/09/07. Im told these are 6 monthly cycles, so you could renew after that, and get 6 months worth of freebies for your 199baht.

Rimping:- Loyalty card. Collect points each time you shop there. THese are redeemable for products from a list. Some good stuff on there too, like Ipods and Apple Mac computers, BBQ's etc. You do have to spend a lot to get something decent, but that ain't hard at Rimping!

Any more for any more?

Phil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a Spot rewards card for the supermarket at Kad Suan Kaew. I just got two 2 jammy donuts for 9 baht! (Except it's not really jam, some amorphous red gloop instead...)

The Expats club has 10% discount on a few places. Maybe someone has a definitive list?

Thought it may be an idea to put a thread on here for people that are aware of offers, or discount/Loyalty cards available in places in Chiang Mai. These could be permanent offers/cards available, or just really good promotions you have spotted! Not limited to food, anything would be good!

UG has a personal loyalty card from the Dukes Restaurant chain. It doesn't give him any discount but they let him eat there any time he wants :o

CarreFour and Lotus has internal loyalty schemes where you get to use the cash docket and redeam it against stuff they have in the service booth. You will need to take a local Thai with you because I can never figure out if we are getting an extra block of soap, a free can of Pepsi or are paying more to buy a plastic "fake wood" clock that I wouldn't want in the house, but gets sent up to the other half's village as a present.

The Zanzibar in the Peak Pool area has a buy 5 beers get one free and I know a couple of other bars that do the same deal.

Risking the ire of the moderators I have heard but not substantiated that a certain house of relaxation has a similar scheme. Don't PM me because I have not idea how it works but apparently it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there :D

CB

UG has a personal loyalty card from the Dukes Restaurant chain. It doesn't give him any discount but they let him eat there any time he wants :o

CarreFour and Lotus has internal loyalty schemes where you get to use the cash docket and redeam it against stuff they have in the service booth. You will need to take a local Thai with you because I can never figure out if we are getting an extra block of soap, a free can of Pepsi or are paying more to buy a plastic "fake wood" clock that I wouldn't want in the house, but gets sent up to the other half's village as a present.

The Zanzibar in the Peak Pool area has a buy 5 beers get one free and I know a couple of other bars that do the same deal.

Risking the ire of the moderators I have heard but not substantiated that a certain house of relaxation has a similar scheme. Don't PM me because I have not idea how it works but apparently it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there :D

CB

Hey Crowie, you like my new avatar?

CB

Gimme an S, gimme a A, gimme a Y, gimme an U....err..forget the rest.. :o

Sceadadoodle...Love the new avatar mate. :D

Edited by Austhaied

I've got one for the new Duke's too! :D

The Central shop at PSK Shopping centre will usually give a farang a 5% discount on what ever they buy, but be aware this discount is not available in the TV/Audio section run by Powershop? If you are looking for good bedding etc then this is the place to go.

Regular customers at The Chedi's bar or restaurant can get a VIP card good for 20% discount on all food and beverages, no expiry date. The Thai and Indian menu is excellent.

Also, though not strictly a card, the lobby bar (but not the regular bar in the old UK consul building) at The Chedi offers 2-for-1 drinks from 6 to 9pm Mon through Thurs. It applies to bottles of wine as well. Considering drinks at the lobby bar are served with fresh spring rolls and cheesesticks, it's a pretty good deal, making the average cocktail 125 baht instead of 250 baht. Or a 2000-baht bottle of wine only 1000 baht.

"Risking the ire of the moderators I have heard but not substantiated that a certain house of relaxation has a similar scheme. Don't PM me because I have not idea how it works but apparently it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there"

I'm coming down on Friday, PM me the address. Let's face it, if a Crows supporter gets a discount I'll get the run of the place plus free beer.

Regular customers at The Chedi's bar or restaurant can get a VIP card good for 20% discount on all food and beverages, no expiry date. The Thai and Indian menu is excellent.

I would imagine that the Chedi is quite expensive, but for REALLY good Indian vegetarian it would be worth it.

I haven't found one Indian restaurant in Thailand that I thought was more than adequate, although there are so many, I've probably just missed the ones that are.

Is the Chedi worth the price?

Risking the ire of the moderators I have heard but not substantiated that a certain house of relaxation has a similar scheme. Don't PM me because I have not idea how it works but apparently it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there

I have a Spot card, A Central 5%-off-if-you're-a-farang card, a Sheraton (now Holiday Inn; still honored) 20% off card, FIVE Zanzibar cards full up, waiting to be redeemed....

But I do not have the House Of Relaxation card. They took it back from me, claiming I had come too many times.... :o

McG

To get it started:-

Pizza Company:- 199Baht gets you a 2 pizzas for the price of 1 discount card. Takeaway collection only. Free Pizza must be of equal or lesser value than the one you pay for! Can be used for upto 3 free pizzas a day! (Hungry?) I just got mine, and it runs out 30/09/07. Im told these are 6 monthly cycles, so you could renew after that, and get 6 months worth of freebies for your 199baht.

Rimping:- Loyalty card. Collect points each time you shop there. THese are redeemable for products from a list. Some good stuff on there too, like Ipods and Apple Mac computers, BBQ's etc. You do have to spend a lot to get something decent, but that ain't hard at Rimping!

Any more for any more?

Phil

lets not forget khun somchais 10% discount card over at johns place. had mine a long time now but still accepted

Discount , and promotions is say to be base on how you see it ,

right now ,

we are having - 109 baht or is it 119 baht for 3 large bottle of Beer chang ,

and i think 129 baht for 3 large bottle of beer Leo .

- and yes this is a thai style pub so we charge for ICE - is 15 baht a Tin bucket .

notthing fancy .

hope you like the promotion .

Large Singha Is 65 baht . Each .

but of cos promotion will change over time , what i hope is i can keep it at this price , and make it a normal price . i myself don't believe much in promotion and offer - i believe that the best way is we both have fun and enjoy .

Tops supermarkets a good one just fill in the form its in english as well as thai for id card number put your passport number and get a card ,,, they have offers all the time, abit like duel pricing (whats new there i hear you shout) one price for tops card and higher price if you havnt ,,,PS GOOD IDEA MALL :o

Hey Crowie, you like my new avatar?

I noticed it the other day - very good, I like it but I am confused. Normally it is Port Power that choke - especially around the business end of the season :o Enjoy top spot on the ladder while you have it - but it only counts IF you win the cup at the end

CB

I have a Spot card, A Central 5%-off-if-you're-a-farang card, a Sheraton (now Holiday Inn; still honored) 20% off card, FIVE Zanzibar cards full up, waiting to be redeemed....

I went looking for you there last night

But I do not have the House Of Relaxation card. They took it back from me, claiming I had come too many times.... :D

McG

I wondered why they refer to you as Machinegun McGriffith

:o

CB

it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there :o

CB

Is that on a per visit basis?

I really don't know and am starting to regret even mentioning it. One of the guys I know told a couole of us about it it the other week and showed us his card. All I know is that it is a per visit offer and has a few benefits such as VIP room for standard rates. The card has 10 squares (I was going to write boxes but decided against it) and the customer gets it stamped each visit. The 11th visit is then free. The guy told us that they aren't promoting it or handing the cards out to everyone. The floor captain offered it to him as regular "preferred" customer.

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

CB

Gimme an S, gimme a A, gimme a Y, gimme an U....err..forget the rest.. :o

I don't even know where the place is but yep the name is correct :D

CB

"Risking the ire of the moderators I have heard but not substantiated that a certain house of relaxation has a similar scheme. Don't PM me because I have not idea how it works but apparently it is a scheme that revolves around how many times you come there"

I'm coming down on Friday, PM me the address.

You would be better off coming down on a Tuesday or Wednesday and getting the aged pensioner discount.

I'll get the run of the place plus free beer.

They would be more likely to give you a free hot milo mate. You know how after more than two pony classes of beer your bladder plays up.

CB

I'm coming down on Friday, PM me the address.

You would be better off coming down on a Tuesday or Wednesday and getting the aged pensioner discount.

I'll get the run of the place plus free beer.

They would be more likely to give you a free hot milo mate. You know how after more than two pony classes of beer your bladder plays up.

CB

Many a good tune played on an old violin mate, and while we're on the cliches, better to fly once with an eagle than ten times with a sparrow. (Or is that a Crow?)

And on the subject of choking, I checked the word in my dictionary and the latest reference was: see Adelaide Football Club 2005, 2006. :o

UG has a personal loyalty card from the Dukes Restaurant chain. It doesn't give him any discount but they let him eat there any time he wants :D

I've got one for the new Duke's too! :D

Can you get me one please ?? I sure eat there enough to qualify but Dave is never in when I'm there..

Beer involved it you can pull it off.. (getting the card i mean).. :o

The Bears' Den has a 1 for 1 draught beer for one hour during 5.30pm to 6.30pm .. they only open after 5pm though and are now closed every wednesdays. really worth it just to start off the evening :o

<deleted> - you buy one and that's how many they give you - generous buggers :D Ok so I am guessing you mean buy one and get another one free :D

I haven't been the Bear's Den for ages - I thought it was closed for business. Anytime I have been past it looks dead.

CB

Will people please STOP sending me PMs wanting details on this - I don't know anything more about it

:o

CB

I would imagine that the Chedi is quite expensive, but for REALLY good Indian vegetarian it would be worth it.

I haven't found one Indian restaurant in Thailand that I thought was more than adequate, although there are so many, I've probably just missed the ones that are.

For you The Chedi is probably not 'worth the price' as judging from your cited favorites here at TV, you'd want larger portions, lower prices, and preferably a chatty American (or at least farang) owner ... :D

I'm not rich by any means so you won't find me at The Chedi very often, but yes IMO the Chedi is worth the price (esp with a VIP card). I'm probably pointing out the obvious, but the cuisine is oriented towards the discerning palate. Some folks can't tell the difference between average cooking and world-class cooking, and some folks are unhappy when the price of a meal is beyond what their income can accommodate, no matter the quality. Anyone in either of these categories will probably find fault with The Chedi.

The Indian dishes I've tasted at The Chedi have been superb. But Bangkok also has good Indian restos (Dosa King, Komalas, Rang Mahal, Indian Hut, Royal India Chakkaphet Rd, Madras Cafe--have you tried any of these?) and if you're not happy with what you've found there, well I wonder where in the globe you've found good Indian. :o:D I find the offerings in the aforementioned Indian restos close to on par with the better Indian restos in urban India, Malaysia or Singapore, with somewhat less variety. But we're lucky to have decent Nawabi, Madrasi, Gujarati, and Punjabi cuisines represented.

For you The Chedi is probably not 'worth the price' as judging from your cited favorites here at TV, you'd want larger portions, lower prices, and preferably a chatty American (or at least farang) owner ... :D

I'm not rich by any means so you won't find me at The Chedi very often, but yes IMO the Chedi is worth the price (esp with a VIP card). I'm probably pointing out the obvious, but the cuisine is oriented towards the discerning palate. Some folks can't tell the difference between average cooking and world-class cooking, and some folks are unhappy when the price of a meal is beyond what their income can accommodate, no matter the quality. Anyone in either of these categories will probably find fault with The Chedi.

The Indian dishes I've tasted at The Chedi have been superb. But Bangkok also has good Indian restos (Dosa King, Komalas, Rang Mahal, Indian Hut, Royal India Chakkaphet Rd, Madras Cafe--have you tried any of these?) and if you're not happy with what you've found there, well I wonder where in the globe you've found good Indian. :o:D I find the offerings in the aforementioned Indian restos close to on par with the better Indian restos in urban India, Malaysia or Singapore, with somewhat less variety. But we're lucky to have decent Nawabi, Madrasi, Gujarati, and Punjabi cuisines represented.

I'd second most of the restaurants mentioned by SabaiJai in bkk. But give RangMahal the best for food, and atmosphere. superb !

however no madrasi food to be found here in CMI.

how is the food at madras cafe Sabaijai?? good banana leaf rice?

Edited by tigerbeer