Farang Meet-ups | Activities in Lopburi?

Zavi

Hello Fellow Farangs in & around Lopburi -

American (55 years) here just moved to the wife's hometown after working (IT consulting) and living in Bangkok for the past decade.  Wondering if there are any farang groups who meet up for sports (play and/or watch), beers, billiards, darts, music, etc.  

Alternatively, anyone interested in meeting up for such activities, drop me a LINE (mattzavadil).

Cheers -

Matt

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 14.58.09.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi Kannika -

I met up with an American I ran into at Thai Watsudu at Noom's Guesthouse downtown 2 weeks ago.  It was quiet, but open...

...but, yeah, we probably should wait & see for a couple more weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, zzaa09 said:

Why not socialize with Thais? 

They don't bite....usually. 

He probably does ,but needs a bit of farang company.

About 15 years ago us Lopburi farangs used to meet up once a week ,at a Thai restaurant in the area ,we used to take it in turns to chose ,a couple of us could speak Thai so ordering the food was no problem .

It was a good night out ,2-3 of the frangs where teachers at schools in town ,2-3 where permanent Lopburi residents 

I used to enjoy it , working and speaking Thai all day, it was nice to speak some English for a couple of hours .

It must have lasted a couple of years ,some teaches at the  end of they  contract went back home ,one guy  had a 10-year son ,and went back to the uk for a better education  for him, and it died out mores the pity .

I read on here a while ago one group of frangs ,somewhere up north, used to meet up at the food parlour at their local Big C ,not my idea of fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:18 PM, kickstart said:

He probably does ,but needs a bit of farang company.

About 15 years ago us Lopburi farangs used to meet up once a week ,at a Thai restaurant in the area ,we used to take it in turns to chose ,a couple of us could speak Thai so ordering the food was no problem .

It was a good night out ,2-3 of the frangs where teachers at schools in town ,2-3 where permanent Lopburi residents 

I used to enjoy it , working and speaking Thai all day, it was nice to speak some English for a couple of hours .

It must have lasted a couple of years ,some teaches at the  end of they  contract went back home ,one guy  had a 10-year son ,and went back to the uk for a better education  for him, and it died out mores the pity .

I read on here a while ago one group of frangs ,somewhere up north, used to meet up at the food parlour at their local Big C ,not my idea of fun.

I know of a place north of Lopburi where the "frangs" used to meet of a lunchtime at the Big C food court. But the food court stopped selling beer so they moved on.