Phuket In August

XSG

Phuket should be fine in August, I go there every year in September, and I have never had any weather problems.

I always stay at the Phuket Palace Resort on Patong beach, a fantastic hotel, low prices, very large rooms and a fantastic pool.

Hi Sonthaya,

How low are your low prices at the PP resort?, Thinking of heading down there for a week in August myself, i normally stay at the Add mansion on the 2nd road that runs parallel with the beach road, nice spacious rooms for about 700 B per night and they have got a massage place( not seedy) downstairs if you fancy a bit of a rub down.

Cheers, 8ball

Hi Sonthaya,

How low are your low prices at the PP resort?, Thinking of heading down there for a week in August myself, i normally stay at the Add mansion on the 2nd road that runs parallel with the beach road, nice spacious rooms for about 700 B per night and they have got a massage place( not seedy) downstairs if you fancy a bit of a rub down.

Cheers, 8ball

Hi 8ball, I don't think we can quite match that price, but if you E-mail me with your booking details I can get you a 50% discount, that's called FOO rate and it means friends of owners, that will give a very large room for 2 persons with breakfast, as one of the only hotels we don't charge for a guest in the room :o

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Hi Sonthaya,

Cheers, 8ball

Hi 8ball, I don't think we can quite match that price, but if you E-mail me with your booking details I can get you a 50% discount, that's called FOO rate and it means friends of owners, that will give a very large room for 2 persons with breakfast, as one of the only hotels we don't charge for a guest in the room :o

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Patong June, July and August 2005 and the weather is fine. I returned in November and it rained for weeks and was the coldest weather I have ever experienced in Phuket. The rains seem to be coming later and later in October and November I find.

I am returning in late May or June for 3 months. March and April are too stinking hot. I was there November, December and January and it was the first time I have been there those months since 1986. I will never spend Christmas in Phuket again as it is full of Italians who seem to scream instead of speak. :D

I got sick of hearing arguments between cheap bastards and bar girls at 4am every morning over payment. :o

Try P.S 2. Bungalows. I've stayed there for years, great place many long timers stay at.