No Caddies Required at Pattaya Golf Course?

Many of you golfers have been commenting on a recent posting, stating that you can play a round of golf without having to book a caddie. Well Golf in Thailand can now hopefully put the record straight.

We have just spoken to Phoenix Gold Golf and Country Club in Pattaya, and their General Manager explained that this was just a one a one-off situation.

thai caddies.png

Phoenix Gold Caddies

On the day in question, all their staff were away from the course as everyone was having their first Sinovac vaccine. This included all their caddies, however they still allowed golfers to play on the course but were unable to include a caddie.

Second Jab Next Month

Phoenix Gold expect every member of staff to receive their second jab in June, but have not decided whether they will need to let golfers play again on that day without a caddie.

With growing concerns with rising cases especially in Bangkok, it is reassuring that staff at courses are being vaccinated on masse.

Let us know if you know of any other golf clubs that have vaccinated staff on masse? The more clubs that have the majority of staff vacinted has to be encouraging for the future of the international golf industry in Thailand.

The other good news is that the club’s current promotion of free carts every day is we understand to continue into June.

For more information go to https://www.phoenixgoldgolf.com

Still overpriced at 1400 imho... compared to Emerald, Eastern Star, Khao Kheow, Burapha, Greenwood,  Pattavia Pattana, Plutaluang Treasure Hill....yes the facilities..Clubhouse changing rooms etc maybe be better than some of the above..but still does not warrant paying 250 to 400 baht more imo

• Like 1
On 6/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Must of been a great day playing golf no caddies, the day i did it at Greenwood everyone was ecstatic, felt great, quickest round ever 3.5 hours

Last time I played without a caddie was in England in 2019. I lost 3 clubs after leaving them greenside at various holes and a couple of iron head covers. I won't even get into the amount of time I spent looking for my ball because I didn't see where it landed. 

I never want to play without a caddie again. 

18 minutes ago, bfc1980 said:

Last time I played without a caddie was in England in 2019. I lost 3 clubs after leaving them greenside at various holes and a couple of iron head covers. I won't even get into the amount of time I spent looking for my ball because I didn't see where it landed. 

I never want to play without a caddie again. 

Yes helpful for beginners and the elderly