MOPH confirms continual vaccine delivery

webfact

b2f63c1a74e71ae30499c8d21553b99d_small.jpg

Supawadee Wangsri

BANGKOK (NNT) - Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, confirmed today that vaccines have been regularly delivered on request, and the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has nothing to do with the Social Security Office’s (SSO) vaccination postponement.

Regarding the SSO’s temporary closure of its vaccination service for the insured from June 12-27, Mr. Anutin said the issue has nothing to do with the MOPH because the vaccines have been delivered at the request of the SSO which manages its vaccination program.

The SSO has advised companies that registered for vaccine that it wishes to check the number of people who got vaccinated at each company, emphasizing that this is not related to the MOPH. The SSO has advised the Department of Disease Control of the agencies that need vaccine. The Director General of the Department of Disease Control has confirmed that the vaccines were delivered on request, adding that queuing is a matter for the agency to supervise as the MOPH has already completed all its duties in relation to both the vaccines and medical equipment.

As for the distribution of vaccines, Mr. Anutin said today that there is definitely no shortage at either the National Health Security Office (NHSO) or hospitals nationwide, confirming that everything has already been delivered to each province. When the vaccine reaches the province, it is the duty of the governor to distribute it to each area in accordance with the authority of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration which is the reason for integration.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Let's see how many people get vaccinated today, assuming that information is released.

Only 108,204 doses administered yesterday.

A wheel may have fallen off the Thai Vaccine Tuk-Tuk Delivery service?

But will you believe the figure announced.

4 minutes ago, Almer said:

But will you believe the figure announced.

I never ever believe anything the regime announces. Does anyone?

We simply read between the lines, and interpret what is said and left unsaid.

In the case of vaccine numbers, it would depend on what the number is - assuming it is revealed. Based on the the information available over the weekend, it should be closer to 50,000 today. But could be 10,000, or 90,000.

But very broadly speaking I do trust the numbers announced since February, if only as they have not exceeded the number of vaccines said to have been imported/domestic delivered.

....and yet........

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced this morning (Monday) the postponement of inoculations for people who have registered via the Thai Ruam Jai website, scheduled for tomorrow (June 15th) onwards, at all 25 vaccination sites outside hospitals.

He can say what he wants but I got a call yesterday from the Pattaya hospital where I booked my first vaccine appointment for June 16.  They told me there is no AZ vaccine and offered Sinovac, instead, with an appointment for today, which I took  I believe the same thing was announced at a Chiang Rai hospital.  I think the AZ is getting scarce.