Fujitsu Laptops - Are They Any Good

JT65

Hi All

My sony vaio screen has packed it in and the replacement screen is ridiculously priced. Had enough bad luck now with Sony products. They have lost me for good. Last four products broke within 18 months.

Anyway i have decided to purchase a new laptop. I am considering a Fujitsu Lifebook A6020.

Any info on the brand and even the model would be appreciated. I dont want to make another mistake.

They have a 3 yr warranty which is what i like.

Thanks for comments

jt

Hi All

My sony vaio screen has packed it in and the replacement screen is ridiculously priced. Had enough bad luck now with Sony products. They have lost me for good. Last four products broke within 18 months.

Anyway i have decided to purchase a new laptop. I am considering a Fujitsu Lifebook A6020.

Any info on the brand and even the model would be appreciated. I dont want to make another mistake.

They have a 3 yr warranty which is what i like.

Thanks for comments

jt

Have look:

http://www.fujitsu.com/sg/services/computi...notebook/a6020/

Fujitsu are a well respected machine, however I've just settled on a new Acer Aspire 5052, mainly because of their brilliant service network here in Thailand. Also they give a free years' accident insurance - so when I leave it in a coffee shop I can get my money back :o

geoffphuket

Edited by geoffphuket

I bought an S6311 two or three weeks ago and love it - best notebook I ever laid hands on. You can read about my 'search for a laptop' in this thread.

Very happy with both performance and quality. My second choice would have been an IBM Thinkpad, but the model I wanted wasn't in stock (I like the IBMs for durability, a lot of our staff at work have them).

From all notebooks I've laid my hands on, I've found Fujitsu to be the worst. I have a Toshiba now, but the next one will be a Dell for sure. Dell it's the best laptop one can EVER get.

I'm suprised so many people like Dell. I've borrowed a few for short term use and found the build quality to be very average.

My boss likes Toshiba, but his screen died a couple of days ago and this is the second notebook in a row this has happened to so he might be about to change his mind. The price/features were pretty good on the Toshibas I looked at recently.

From all notebooks I've laid my hands on, I've found Fujitsu to be the worst. I have a Toshiba now, but the next one will be a Dell for sure. Dell it's the best laptop one can EVER get.

Dells used to be great a few years back, but the quality and service has deteriorated significantly since. In addition, Dell Thailand is for businesses only - I can imagine service would be even worse over here. Definitely not recommended in Thailand.

Asus has a good reputation, and you can be pretty sure their top of the line stuff - like the G1 - is good.

A friend of mine has a Fujitsu and told me there are huge differences in quality between the ones for the Japanese market and/or built in Japan, and the ones built in Malaysia. Consider it a rumor, I have no idea how true this is.

Acer has great service in Thailand but their cheap notebooks are crap. I've since switched back to an Acer business laptop (Acer TM8204) and it's pretty good. My hard disk went south last week but I am not sure I can blame Acer for that. HDs die...

I still have an old Fujitsu laptop around, prolly 5 years old (celeron 800Mhz) and it's still going strong.

Not sure if it's any reference to what they make now, but back then they were built pretty solid!

Currently have a NEC (bought in Malaysia) and the wife has an Acer Aspire 5052, bought with an additional 2 years warranty.

Although the Aspires have less good reviews, ours is holding up pretty good, and as mentioned before, their service network is one of the best in Thailand!