Extension Of Stay

Hi Ubon Joe,

Your help, if you may please.

Job - Visa/Work permit finishes 31 July - 

Want to extend stay for 2 months from July 31 until end of September and then move to my new job in another country.

Married to a Thai lady

1) I know I can get a letter from my place of work to cancel but it means cancelling the visa early which is not really an option.

2) Can I extend for 60 days (Married to a Thai) without leaving the country?

3) What docs do I need for option 2? 

4) Can you please post the immigration order for option 2 if I can extend using this method.

Thanks in advance,

JJP

Your topic title is "extension of stay" then you talk about "visa".

If you are on a visa, the visa remains valid even if you leave your job.

If you are on an extension of stay you will need to cancel your work permit on the last day of work. You will get a form from the labour office that you then take to immigration and get the extension of stay cancelled. At that point you can then ask for a 60 day extension based on visiting wife.

You will need; copy of marriage cert, copy of wife's ID and house book, copy of your passport photo page and 1900 baht.

Some immigration offices may also like to see the originals of these documents and some may want your wife present too.

Edited by puchooay

1. The termination letter can be dated for July 31st and you could apply for the 60 day extension to visit you wife.

You work permit could be canceled the day before without a problem and some office do not ask to see proof it was canceled.

2. No need to leave the country if you apply for the 60 day extension.

3. You wife will need to be with you when you apply. Copies of your marriage certificate, copies of you wife house book registry and ID card signed by her. Some offices may want a up to date printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

4.  image.png.6b5681d658cca645aa57f57e6006c593.png