Jump to content

Thai immigration bust Chinese backed loan sharking operation in Nonthaburi - 70,000 victims


Recommended Posts

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

Officers from the Immigration Bureau led by chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang raided two places in Nonthaburi yesterday to crack a loan sharking operation, reported Daily News.

 

Chinese national Lian Pin Pin was arrested at a house in the Janthima housing estate in Bang Bua Thong on a warrant for running an illegal loan business. Bankbooks were taken into evidence.

 

In Rattanathibet Road Soi 30 a Thai woman called Natchuta was arrested on a similar warrant and 100 computers and phones were taken into evidence. 

 

There were 66 employees there running the business that was backed by a Chinese investor, say police.

 

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

If you borrow money - and there were 70,000 on the books - you'd only get between 30% - 42% of the principal amount.

 

If it was not return after 7 days the first day of interest was 12% and each subsequent day 5%. 

 

Apps used in the scam were called Maew Kwak, Thung Ngern, TikTak, Ubaht, Taomongkhol and Cashdaddy.

 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-19
 
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, webfact said:

If you borrow money - and there were 70,000 on the books - you'd only get between 30% - 42% of the principal amount.

 

If it was not return after 7 days the first day of interest was 12% and each subsequent day 5%. 

Does any of that make any sense? 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, webfact said:

In Rattanathibet Road Soi 30 a Thai woman called Natchuta was arrested on a similar warrant and 100 computers and phones were taken into evidence. 

 

There were 66 employees there running the business that was backed by a Chinese investor, say police.

Now that was coining it in...

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Well done, Immigration.  Bad guys out.  Good guys stay.

bad "chinese" guys out through the door and next week back in through the window   555

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers from the Immigration Bureau led by chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang raided two places in Nonthaburi yesterday to crack a loan sharking operation

 

The ‘victims’ aren’t off the hook. The police will sell the loan shark’s books to another loan shark who will enforce payments and collect the debts.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, webfact said:

There were 66 employees there running the business that was backed by a Chinese investor,

 

Clear pattern.   Chinese crime in Thailand is way more elaborate than dumb falang.

 

Falang arrested for drinking beer, crashing car, falling into lake, attacks ladyboy, sleeps in Tesco

 

Chinese arrested after running a 1.97 zillion dollar enterprise.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...