Shipping containers

FireMedic

Hi everyone and good day to you all! Does anyone have any reliable sources for a 20ft container for storage? We just got taken for about 20,000 from a scam racket down south, so I'm giving up the internet searches for now. They did the usual "yeah we have it no problem...pay half deposit and will ship tomorrow.....we pay half...2 days later..."oh sorry, new employee made a mistake, we need 10,000 more for shipping'....we said "that sounds like a you problem"......they came back "yeah ok, understand, it was our fault....shipping in 2 days".....they come back later......"oh you need to pay full amount to get into the queue for next week".....we say "yeah, no you said half and pay half upon delivery".....it's been 2 weeks now and its all excuses and then they finally blocked us from calling. The one guy we can get in touch with does the typical "oh I can't help, the boss has the money". So either way, I'm sure we got taken, but I still need a shipping container. Anyone have a good place?

Time to make a police report at your local office.  Get them to launch an investigation into it as its a scam and you might get lucky and get your money back.

Do you need the container for storage on your property or for shipping overseas?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FireMedic said:

We are working on it.....not like the police are real interested in it..but yes, just storage on property. 

Where are you located, I will ask a few Thai business friends I have and see if they have any contacts.

• Like 1

This resort complex may help but I don't have a contact number. It's just outside Nang Rong on the 24. The work is further on now and completely stunning. Anyway they must have a good contact for containers as they seem to have an endless supply.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@14.6351779,102.7133686,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipOAMWw40A41LhcMgxg-v6zHHaEOEJBKzX75ndSm!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOAMWw40A41LhcMgxg-v6zHHaEOEJBKzX75ndSm%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i4032!8i3024

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

Yeah well the with the cops today it went nowhere very quickly....we handed them over everything we have..all the chats...bank info...his ID.....everything. Cops pretty much gave us the "well we don't know if it's him or not....you will have to check the bank...but they won't give you the info....."  So pretty much, in Thailand, it's not a crime to take someone's money for a product.....then not deliver the product, and keep the money.....as long as the business says "it's in the queue" in perpetuity, the police will not help you. So they don't have to give your money back, nor do they have to deliver the product within any timeframe. It's quite the business model. 

On 6/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Time to make a police report at your local office.  Get them to launch an investigation into it as its a scam and you might get lucky and get your money back.

Do you need the container for storage on your property or for shipping overseas?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FireMedic said:

Yeah well the with the cops today it went nowhere very quickly....we handed them over everything we have..all the chats...bank info...his ID.....everything. Cops pretty much gave us the "well we don't know if it's him or not....you will have to check the bank...but they won't give you the info....."  So pretty much, in Thailand, it's not a crime to take someone's money for a product.....then not deliver the product, and keep the money.....as long as the business says "it's in the queue" in perpetuity, the police will not help you. So they don't have to give your money back, nor do they have to deliver the product within any timeframe. It's quite the business model. 

Well that means you have met some police that could care less.  We have filed plenty of reports for items purchased and scammed by unscrupulous sellers.  The police went to their bank when they would not answer the summons to discuss the case filed and froze their bank accounts. That got the vendors attention quickly and they then unblocked us and claimed they were mailing the item or a refund would be processed if only we would have the case dropped and had the police write a letter to the bank to unfreeze the account. In the end before the account was unfrozen they had to pony up the item or return the cash, only then did the police write the letter and the case was dropped.  We had one vendor who wanted to sue us for defamation for filing a false report, all the way up until it was court time, then they backed down.  YMMV. Good luck.  Still trying to source a container for you from in the north but they are all spoken for by companies shipping goods out.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1