Yala Madrasa COVID-19 cluster spreads to 190 people in 12 Thai provinces

webfact

29340412_2096799923667997_8783333342701881587_n.jpg

Facebook: Markaz Yala

The COVID-19 cluster at a madrasa, an Islamic boarding school, in Thailand’s southernmost province of Yala, has now led to 190 infections in 12 provinces, according to the Disease Control Department.

Most infections, 69, were found in Yala, followed by 37 in Satun, 17 in Songkhla, 14 each in Pattani and Krabi, 13 in Narathiwat, 8 in Surat Thani, 5 in Phang-nga and 3 each in Phuket, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The madrasa was ordered to close last week, after several of its students, along with worshippers at the Dawah Centre of Thailand, which houses the madrasa, were found to be infected.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/yala-madrasa-covid-19-cluster-spreads-to-190-people-in-12-thai-provinces/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Most infections, 69, were found in Yala, followed by 37 in Satun, 17 in Songkhla, 14 each in Pattani and Krabi, 13 in Narathiwat, 8 in Surat Thani, 5 in Phang-nga and 3 each in Phuket, Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Thats a quick spread, we need an update on the variant now? Phuket has a large muslim community, I suspect there are far more infections there waiting to be found from this.

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

I thought they closed the schools for months, I guess this one is somehow different?

Is this not a Boarding School where students are taught the Koran.

If so the spread is caused by contractors and delivery guys Etc.