Schools in several provinces closed as COVID-19 infections re-emerge

webfact

coo.jpg

File Image

Schools in several of Thailand’s provinces have been ordered to close, just a week after the start of the new school term, as a number of students have been found to be infected with COVID-19.

On Monday, in the northern province of Phetchabun, the provincial communicable disease committee, chaired by Governor Gid Kongmuang, ordered all the schools in the province to close until end of the month, to prevent the spread of the disease among students.

During the school closure, all schools have been told to provide online learning or other alternatives, except for boarding schools where students have been confined to the schools for the past two weeks.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/schools-in-several-provinces-closed-as-covid-19-infections-re-emerge/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 4

This year they close education offices just when need to start give instruction to schools how to open up! And how haddle online education if needed! Last year i visit (whit one team from education office) in many schools (was driver) and they also visit many student home who have problem to study online ( no internet conection,tv or even phone conection)! This year education office people was working home! How they give instruction to schools!? I dont know how they haddle things in private schools but not look good for kids future how they mess up even education now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What a joke!  Are they going to do this whenever there's a case in a school!  In that case, they may as well do online learning for the next 2-3 years.

Interestingly, my sons school closed the normal teaching programme due to one teacher testing positive - the intensive English programme where my son attends, runs separately from a different building /location without any connections, it was decided it would remain open with the option to attend or stay home with online lessons, however the majority of  parents objected to sending their kids and it was decided to close the whole school. Now online teaching for this week with review for next. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Schools in several of Thailand’s provinces have been ordered to close, just a week after the start of the new school term, as a number of students have been found to be infected with COVID-19.

Only the blind couldn't see that happening.

16 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

This year they close education offices just when need to start give instruction to schools how to open up! And how haddle online education if needed! Last year i visit (whit one team from education office) in many schools (was driver) and they also visit many student home who have problem to study online ( no internet conection,tv or even phone conection)! This year education office people was working home! How they give instruction to schools!? I dont know how they haddle things in private schools but not look good for kids future how they mess up even education now!

Frankly, closing the education office, and therefore removing one layer of the stifling beaurocracy which plagues education here, can only be regarded as a positive step!

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What a joke!  Are they going to do this whenever there's a case in a school!  In that case, they may as well do online learning for the next 2-3 years.

1 case becomes 2, becomes 4, becomes 8, becomes 16 etc. This is the problem. How do the students get to school? Do they infect other students and teachers who go home maybe via the market and possibly spread to the rest of the family who go on to spread to others? By know you should know this. Openning schools at this time with the Delta B.1.617.2 spreading is problematic. As is openning Pukhet.