Aviation Authority Prepares for Reopening of Thailand to Foreign Tourists

webfact

....but just before you rush to buy your ticket............

1) June 14 2021 Submitted first step application (vaccine, passport, visa, health insurance) - approved in one day no trouble

2) June 16 2021 Submitted second step application (hotel, flight) - rejected after three days for "incorrect flight number" presumably because I wrote "singapore airlines 726" instead of "SQ726".  I was invited to reapply.

3) June 19 2021 resubmitted exact same first step application - rejected after one day because "we do not accept insurance cards, you must submit proof of health insurance amount and duration."  What?  First of all, the card was on the first page of the 8 page document, the officer must not have scrolled to the second page.  Second of all, how was this perfectly fine the first time but not ok the second time?  I was invited to amend my application.

4)  June 20 resubmitted exact same application with health insurance details on first (visible) page instead of second page

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Has anyone told the airlines to get their planes ready ? Don't think so. Can't get to Bangkok from Perth so we have nothing to worry about. The Thai authorities are useless !  Been well trained by a useless PM.

Have you tried AirAsia Perth to Djakarta or Denpasar to KL to Bkk?

But is the last leg KL to Bkk an approved flight for CEO purposes?

• Haha 1

well, they ran out of cc beds in bkk so the next step will be shipping folks all over the country to try and keep them alive. Definitely not the time to 'vacation' (only a fool would consider this) hell, even the US put out a travel warning for public health concerns. These folks have to get their heads out of their ***** , they need to stop looking at bank accounts and keep an eye on the crematoriums..

Now the reason for the big risks to open up Thailand become known .

The airlines need foreign tourists to survive here in Thailand .

Business travel is just not enough to sustain The Thai airports .

Domestic tourism has virtually stopped .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

1) June 14 2021 Submitted first step application (vaccine, passport, visa, health insurance) - approved in one day no trouble

2) June 16 2021 Submitted second step application (hotel, flight) - rejected after three days for "incorrect flight number" presumably because I wrote "singapore airlines 726" instead of "SQ726".  I was invited to reapply.

3) June 19 2021 resubmitted exact same first step application - rejected after one day because "we do not accept insurance cards, you must submit proof of health insurance amount and duration."  What?  First of all, the card was on the first page of the 8 page document, the officer must not have scrolled to the second page.  Second of all, how was this perfectly fine the first time but not ok the second time?  I was invited to amend my application.

4)  June 20 resubmitted exact same application with health insurance details on first (visible) page instead of second page

Holding my breath for the outcome. Mentioning health insurance do you mean your normal insurance or the special Covid insurance as required by the Thais ?

• Like 1

My comment may be out of place but so is the OP in the midst of today's new infection numbers....the highest number since the May 17th spike, which was due to a large number of prison infections being added.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 12:40 AM, Surelynot said:

That figures. I'm always told to go to the official Thai websites. BUT their own instructional video still posted says we need a "Fit to Fly" certificate. smh

I can't apply for my non-imm O visa online without a flight number. I just am NOT confident enough to lay out cash yet.

Edited by ding

1 hour ago, ding said:

That figures. I'm always told to go to the official Thai websites. BUT their own instructional video still posted says we need a "Fit to Fly" certificate. smh

I can't apply for my non-imm O visa online without a flight number. I just am NOT confident enough to lay out cash yet.

I would do the same......is a non O-A visa an option for you?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:17 PM, Surelynot said:

I would do the same......is a non O-A visa an option for you?

I'm married to a Thai so that's the best option for me, instead of retirement visa.

• Like 1