I’m confused – My house electricity bills are all the same Baht amount .

Bill Poster

The last 3 month electricity bills have all been the same exact amount , which is paid by direct debit from my Bangkok Bank.

Can any one please explain why those past 3 invoices are the same exact Baht amount when the   ‘’ units ‘’   used were different amounts .

Thanks ????

E-COST.jpg

E-HISTORY.jpg

E-UNITS.jpg

My house bills in Pattaya have been for exactly the same amount for the last three months. My other house in Rayong province is the same. However my factory bills have gone from 2000 one month to 6000 the next, 7000 the following month, then down to 1300 and this month 1400. Strange because the factory is closed and only has a few LED lights on at night.

• Sad 1

I believe there has been some cap due to Covid to give people a break. Not sure of the exact mechanics of it..but I have had a couple bills the same amount even with varying usage.

Here you go:

"according to the cabinet On May 5, 2021, there was a resolution to help electricity users affected by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak situation, wave 3 on May 5, 2021 in accordance with measures to alleviate the burden of basic utilities expenses. for the general public by giving permission for electricity bills for homes and small businesses (Excluding government agencies and state enterprises) in May and June 2021, with the electricity unit in April 2021 being the base month for comparison. State enterprises under the Ministry of Interior Responsible for overseeing and distributing electricity in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakan areas Ready to take action according to government measures as follows:

Measure 1: Residential electricity users Type 1.1 receive free electricity for the first 90 units (including service charge) by giving a discount on electricity before VAT calculation. In the period of May and June 2021

Measure 2: Residential electricity users in categories 1.2 and 1.3 receive a discount on electricity bill before VAT calculation. in the period of May and June 2021 as follows:

(1) In the case of monthly electricity usage that is eligible If there is less than or equal to the unit of electricity use for the April 2021 cycle (base month), the electricity fee will be charged according to the actual unit of electricity usage for that month. 

(2) In the case of monthly electricity usage that is eligible With more units than April 2021 (base month), electricity users will receive a discount on their electricity bill before VAT calculation. The action guidelines are as follows:
- If the eligible monthly electricity usage does not exceed 500 units, the unit will be charged equal to the electricity bill for the month of April 2021 (base month).
- If the eligible monthly electricity usage is more than 500 units but not more than 1,000 units, the unit will be charged equal to the electricity bill for April 2021 (base month) plus additional units from April 2021 (base month). at a rate of 50 percent
- If monthly electricity usage is entitled to more than 1,000 units, the unit will be charged equal to the electricity bill for April 2021 (base month) plus additional units from April 2021 (base month) at a rate of 70 percent.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

Don't worry, it's only April, May, June that will be the same. Back to normal then.

Under 500 units your bill will be capped at the April level.

Thread with all the nitty-gritty detail here:-

And to keep the info in one place I'm going to close this one.

• Thanks 1