Tour De France 2021

Bredbury Blue

So how are you planning on watching it? Looking for some ideas of free stream or paid for.

I know GCN+ and I think Eurosport have an App/monthly subscription. No adverts I'm guessing with these two.

TvMucho subscription for all UK free channels. Adverts on CH4.

Any free live streams recommendations?

Any USA links?

How will you be watching?

My local satellite channel carries Eurosport, so I have not paid separately for GCN+.
I am still tempted to pay for GCN+, but I am quite happy with the Eurosport / GCN overage of the big races.

SC 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jeez! That was a horrible horrible mass crash. Quite incredible. All because of one idiot spectator, not even looking at the racers as they past. 

I'm glad that I fell asleep before that, and turned the TV off after the first replay that I saw.

If I had to suffer the crowds that those guys have to put up with, I would drive to work.

SC 

I can't help thinking that the race would be better and safer if the cars were kept behind the bikes - and that would be a good example for the public, as well.

There's eight guys in the team; surely they should be able to carry all the gels and drinks and sandwiches that they need, a few spares, and they can canibalise the  domestique's bikes while they wait for the van.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Why does Geraint Thomas ride wearing 3-D specs?

I like his white specs, probably the easiest rider to spot in a peleton. 

Been a great TDF this year, so many talking points. Very entertaining.

After I watch the days stage, next day I listen to Lance and George Hincapie podcast (sometimes very insightful but WAY TOO MUCH advertising) and the really brilliant The Cycling Podcast.