marriage affidavit

The affidavit is a fill in blanks form. 

See: https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2020-marriage-affidavit-bangkok.pdf

There is info as to what is needed to register your marriage here.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married-in-thailand/

Not visa or extension related so I have moved your topic to the marriage and divorce forum.

• Like 1

Thank you, UbonJoe . This would be helpful if I wanted to get married in Thailand but not in my case as I was married in the USA. The affidavit for my case is a blank affidavit. I was looking for someone who has used this blank affidavit and the information they put on it. I would like to have everything filled out before going to Bangkok.  

That one can be referred to a self certification of your marriage certificate from the US to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry.

I have not seen and example of one.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a marriage affidavit 2 years ago to obtain a Kor For 22.  I needed the Kor For 22 as I decided to change my extension of stay basis from Retirement to Marriage to a Thai. I originally entered Thailand 9 years ago on an O-A non-immigrant visa based on retirement.  My wife and I were married nearly 30 years ago in Santa Barbara CA.

Only I, and not my wife, needed the marriage affidavit- a self proclamation notarized by the U.S. Consulate in CM as a witness to me signing the prepare affidavit.  This English language affidavit in turn had to be translated into Thai by a "certified translation", then both the original English-language affidavit and the certified Thai translation had to be submitted to the Thai Foreign Ministry for their stamp of approval.  (Note that a copy of the original as well as a certified translation of the Marriage Certificate also had to be submitted to the Amphur to obtain the Kor Ror 22 but neither had to be stamped off by the Thai Foreign Ministry.)

OK.  So this is how my affidavit was constructed on the U.S. Embassy's blank affidavit and notarized; italics are for the author's inputs:

"I, first, middle, last name, an American citizen, born on day month year at city state, U.S.A., am holder of U.S. passport number 123456789 issued at location on day month year.

The purpose of this affidavit is to affirm that:

(A) I married first, middle, last name on day month year in city state country; and

(B) There are no children born from this marriage."       (Note- if there are children, then I don’t know if you just simply state “There are children born from this marriage” or whether more details are required…I think that only the single sentence is required for a marriage affidavit)

4 hours ago, oceanbreeze851 said:

Thank you for the information. I plan on going to Bangkok after it settles down, maybe at the end of the month. My present visa expires 25 August.

If you need only the US Embassy notarized affidavit that you will prepare, fine. 

If you are needing a Kor Ror 22, which requires the Thai translations and Foreign Ministry stamps, don’t put off a single day. It took me 7 some days to get all the paperwork straight and approved in the pre Covid days. I found, as I had been for warned, the Foreign Ministry always finds something in the translated documents not to their satisfaction. This requires a return to the translators to amend/correct and re-submittal. Plus you have to first book an appointment on the US Embassy website so what may be available could further limit the time you have before your extension is due. Good Luck. 

• 2 months later...

I finally went to the US Embassy to notarize my marriage affidavit. I went next door to "A Language Lovers' Translation  service". They will translate the marriage affidavit and the marriage certificate, send it to the MFA and send it back to me in Korat. They said it will take 2 weeks to complete due to Covid-19. Just another step in the marriage visa.