Cardiac Mri (Is the contrast safe?)

I am bit worried about being injected with this dye. I have no issues with the MRI as I had one on my knee before. 

The reason for the MRI is because my Cardiac stress test potentially showed up Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. My blood pressure is fluctuating high and this, my doctor feels is caused by my moderate sleep apnea. 

A second opinion doctor seems to think i'm fine but anxious or stressed. ( although said the stress test results can happen like this for younger (late 30's) males) 

Evidentally, I had a heart echo 2 years ago on a seperate issue that showed my heart was fine. Perhaps its changed in that time? 

So my question... Is it worth getting this dye injected into me when my issue may not even be serious? 

The risks with the dye are small and a reaction to it, if it did occur, is manageable as long as the procedure is done in a hospital.

What you might do, since you are concerned about the dye, is have an echocardiogram first.  This should show whether or not there is any thickening of the left ventricle

• Thanks 1