Scan an 80 page book to a PDF - Where?

6 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Only as images or converted to searchable text? What size are the pages? Can they be separated to be single sheets or does it need to be scanned as whole book, page by page? What quality are you looking for?

Why do you ask?  No offense, just curious.

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

Anybody know where I can scan a short book in a binder to a PDF file cheaply in Bangkok? 

ricklev--is this a published book,? because I am a member of quite a few book sites that download very little known books.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

ricklev--is this a published book,? because I am a member of quite a few book sites that download very little known books.

Yes.  Thanks!  I have checked all the sites for a PDF or other file.  It's Successful Presentations by John Hughes an Oxford University Press book. 

14 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Yes.  Thanks!  I have checked all the sites for a PDF or other file.  It's Successful Presentations by John Hughes an Oxford University Press book.

Is it the Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice--

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ricklev said:

No. Thanks.  It is "Successful Presentations"

image.png.e11a800f4712dad43ed9c666bd38999c.png

Yer got it ricklev..do you want me to send it---in PDF

Successful Presentations. Trainer's Guide

Hughes John.

0 / 0
0 comments
OUP, 2012 - 58 p.Successful Presentations is a comprehensive video-based course for people who need the skills and language for giving presentations in English. It is primarily for people in work or for people who will need to present in their future professional lives. However, it could be used by anyone who needs presentation skills, e.g. for presenting in an academic context or for giving a presentation in any kind of organization.
Language: english
Pages: 58
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

image.png.e11a800f4712dad43ed9c666bd38999c.png

Yer got it ricklev..do you want me to send it---in PDF

Successful Presentations. Trainer's Guide

Hughes John.

0 / 0
0 comments
OUP, 2012 - 58 p.Successful Presentations is a comprehensive video-based course for people who need the skills and language for giving presentations in English. It is primarily for people in work or for people who will need to present in their future professional lives. However, it could be used by anyone who needs presentation skills, e.g. for presenting in an academic context or for giving a presentation in any kind of organization.
Language: english
Pages: 58

Thanks!  I appreciate the time you took. Unfortunately, I have the Trainers Guide.  It's the students' book PDF I need.  It's not clear from that description that there is a student's book but there's a student's book and a trainer's book actually 

Edited by ricklev

50 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Why do you ask?  No offense, just curious.

Because if it was possible to separate them, to scan in document feeder, and up to A4 size, I'd let you use my scanner and just plug USB stick in it to scan to. If it needs to be scanned by flipping page by page, it would take a long time and the OCR might not be very precise.

Not sure if it's of any use, as I don't know where you are located, might be too far and inconvenient anyway.

• Thanks 1

Did you know your phone most likely already has a scan feature.  I know Apple phones have a Notes app that includes PDF scan.  I would guess that in the Apple Store or Playstore on Android there are numerous free apps to scan.  You can also convert a picture .jpg file to .pdf online by running it through a conversion program. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

but there's a student's book and a trainer's book actually 

There is Ricklev..... but it comes in a pack with Trainer and Student and DVD...its only 550 baht the lot. I think if you go onto the teaching site is it  Ajern or something--someone will give you a copy.

Successful Presentations : Course Book +DVD (P) (Box Set)

ผู้เขียน Andrew Mallett,John Hughes

หนังสือ
580.00 บาท
551.00 บาท
cart_detail.png
book_branch_dis.png shared.png

Tags : Oxford
เนื้อหาโดยสังเขป
    Successful Presentations is ideal for students at intermediate level or above who want to develop their business communication skills in presentations, as well as improving their English. The Successful DVD course takes students through the skill step by step using video clips which are then analysed. Students then use the tasks in the accompanying coursebook to put these skills into practice. This pack includes: DVD and Student's Book Pack and Trainer's Guide, available online at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/successful.
สารบัญ
Unit 1 Preparing your presentation
Unit 2 Structuring your presentation
Unit 3 Introducing your presentation
Unit 4 Delivering your message
Unit 5 Using visual aids
Unit 6 Concluding
Unit 7 Handling questions
Unit 8 Bringing it alive!

- Skills review
- Answer key
- Videoscript
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Because if it was possible to separate them, to scan in document feeder, and up to A4 size, I'd let you use my scanner and just plug USB stick in it to scan to. If it needs to be scanned by flipping page by page, it would take a long time and the OCR might not be very precise.

Not sure if it's of any use, as I don't know where you are located, might be too far and inconvenient anyway.

Thanks!  That's kind of you.  It's OK.  I can just take it to a shop with a document feeder and let them deal with it.  

Just now, sanuk711 said:

There is Ricklev..... but it comes in a pack with Trainer and Student and DVD...its only 550 baht the lot. I think if you go onto the teaching site is it  Ajern or something--someone will give you a copy.

ผู้เขียน Andrew Mallett,John Hughes

หนังสือ
580.00 บาท
551.00 บาท
cart_detail.png
book_branch_dis.png shared.png

Tags : Oxford
เนื้อหาโดยสังเขป
    Successful Presentations is ideal for students at intermediate level or above who want to develop their business communication skills in presentations, as well as improving their English. The Successful DVD course takes students through the skill step by step using video clips which are then analysed. Students then use the tasks in the accompanying coursebook to put these skills into practice. This pack includes: DVD and Student's Book Pack and Trainer's Guide, available online at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/successful.
สารบัญ
Unit 1 Preparing your presentation
Unit 2 Structuring your presentation
Unit 3 Introducing your presentation
Unit 4 Delivering your message
Unit 5 Using visual aids
Unit 6 Concluding
Unit 7 Handling questions
Unit 8 Bringing it alive!

- Skills review
- Answer key
- Videoscript

Thanks!  Yes, I have bought the whole pack and have all the original texts and the DVD.  

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Did you know your phone most likely already has a scan feature.  I know Apple phones have a Notes app that includes PDF scan.  I would guess that in the Apple Store or Playstore on Android there are numerous free apps to scan.  You can also convert a picture .jpg file to .pdf online by running it through a conversion program. 

Thanks.  I have a printer/scanner if I have to.....  Easier just to pay a shop with a document feeder.

2 hours ago, ricklev said:

It's here...on pdfdrive.com. Click download. 

https://www.pdfdrive.com/successful-presentations-trainers-guide-e186763480.html

edit...this says that the connection is not private. Click at your own risk. But I've ever seen this warning for any other document I got from here. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Thanks.  I have a printer/scanner if I have to.....  Easier just to pay a shop with a document feeder.

Yes I bought one with a document feeder a few months back for the same reason.  Not too expensive about 2,500 THB for a Patum which so far seems very good. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It's here...on pdfdrive.com. Click download. 

https://www.pdfdrive.com/successful-presentations-trainers-guide-e186763480.html

edit...this says that the connection is not private. Click at your own risk. But I've ever seen this warning for any other document I got from here. 

Thanks. Unfortunately that's the trainer's guide not the student's book.