1,500 employees at Nonthaburi factory call for its closure after 60 workers infected with Covid

webfact

4pm.jpg

Daily News reported that a weaving factory in Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, remained open yesterday despite 1,500 employees protesting that it should be shut fearing the spread of Covid-19 and a new big cluster.

On Sunday night two vans had arrived with health staff in protective suits from Kasemrat Inter Hospital and taken away 60 men and women who had tested positive for Covid. 

They were bound for a field hospital.

As the news spread by morning there were 1,500 people protesting to close the factory and give benefits.

There were also calls for mass testing and only then should people who are negative be allowed to go back to work. 

The factory is foreign owned and has not yet closed.

Daily News did not name the factory or say how many employees there were in total. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-29
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

On Sunday night two vans had arrived with health staff in protective suits from Kasemrat Inter Hospital and taken away 60 men and women who had tested positive for Covid. 

They were bound for a field hospital.

As the news spread by morning there were 1,500 people protesting to close the factory and give benefits.

Thai style, trying to keep a lid on things.

Even the workers are fearing the system... they want 100% testing and only those who are free from infection to be allowed to go into work.

They have more sense than the authorities.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Name of company needs to be known.

If it was named then there's no chance it would remain open and subject the employees to further infection.

Its Mandarin clothing on Chaeng WATTANA. Pak Kret. A cross the street is BigC Extra. Its Chinese owned

• Like 2

Something for Thailand to be wary of here I think.

if more factory workers, effectively, go on strike, because they think they are unsafe, more and more factories may get the same problem. An issue in the manufacturing area of the economy would make tourism issues pale into insignificance I suspect.

Edited by wensiensheng

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Something for Thailand to be wary of here I think.

if more factory workers, effectively, go on strike, because they think they are unsafe, more and more factories may get the same problem. An issue in the manufacturing area of the economy would make tourism issues pale into insignificance I suspect.

But maybe, only maybe...some people in the ivory tower would finally wake up ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Name of company needs to be known.

If it was named then there's no chance it would remain open and subject the employees to further infection.

I am guessing it was the Thai Garment Factory, close to the Bic C extra on Changwattana. I drove by there this morning about 9.30. There were three police cars outside it and a camera crew with their camera pointing into the facility, that was gated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry15 said:

Its Mandarin clothing on Chaeng WATTANA. Pak Kret. A cross the street is BigC Extra. Its Chinese owned

That sounds right. I just saw the "thai garment factory" name outside of it.But your location description is correct. Saw the plice cars outside it this morning. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thai style, trying to keep a lid on things.

Even the workers are fearing the system... they want 100% testing and only those who are free from infection to be allowed to go into work.

They have more sense than the authorities.

Of course they do, Military Academy education??????????? That "PM" should be jailed for his lack of responsibility, and taking the country by force, just walking in and taking over after he said there will be no coup. If he is still in charge when this pandemic eases up. I see bad things happening.

• Like 1