Thai Vinyl Records Of The 60's And 70's

You actually want THAI records? like, thai music?

Have not seen any, just western records sold in markets. generally poor condition or would have bought and ebay'd them!

I think vinyl has largely bypassed thailand...tho see no end of old 78 gramophone players! Many exhibited in temples as precious antiques :o

I have seriously been looking for an old thai early 60,s record called Nok Noi from a movie sung be an actress whose name was Petchulaa, also a traditional isaan song called Mah Noi Thammadah , please excuse the bad spelling :o Nignoy

There is a Thai shop selling old Thai and I believe some foreign vinyl from the 1960s. I don't have a map in front of me, but I pass it all the time when returning from the Worachak intersection. If you were headed towards Yawaraj from the Worachak intersection on Lan Luang Road you would find it by turning right at the next intersection. I don't think you can do that by car as the street is one way. Anyway, it is a few shops down, can't miss it. Sorry I don't have an address.

Try Fortune Tower, 3rd or 4th floor. Many shops selling second hand vinyl (as well as audio equip. you won't find anywhere else). Don't know if they have Thai stuff from that era, but if you can't find it there, the only other place it might be is in the bowels of Chinatown.

Un-fortunately vinyl does not withstand heat at all well. Being thailand and all, any second-hand records will more than likely be so warped that they will not play.

Probably true, if they're in an outdoors market. But not true of the merchandise in the high-end audio shops in Fortune Tower.

Un-fortunately vinyl does not withstand heat at all well. Being thailand and all, any second-hand records will more than likely be so warped that they will not play.

Probably true, if they're in an outdoors market. But not true of the merchandise in the high-end audio shops in Fortune Tower.

You'de want to get the vinyl from the AC shop to your AC car to your AC condo ASAP. Then you'de better make sure the AC never goes out if the storage room is on a westerly aspect. :o

Cheers,

Soundman.

• 3 months later...

There is alot of lp of that age. But in the past most Thais dont have the lp player cause it was expensive. But the music was made indeed.

Check at this website http://pisutshop.com/ this shop has alot of oldies (Thai and foreigner) and you can mailthe owner about the shop location. Its in bangkok. This shop is open for over 5 years now. I also like alot of Thai oldies. I have about 4-5 lp which 1 of them is vary rare from artist name Jaran Manophet (northern thai folk music) and its from his first print. I'm very proud that i got the original tracks.

Good luck! :o

There is alot of lp of that age. But in the past most Thais dont have the lp player cause it was expensive. But the music was made indeed.

Check at this website http://pisutshop.com/ this shop has alot of oldies (Thai and foreigner) and you can mailthe owner about the shop location. Its in bangkok. This shop is open for over 5 years now. I also like alot of Thai oldies. I have about 4-5 lp which 1 of them is vary rare from artist name Jaran Manophet (northern thai folk music) and its from his first print. I'm very proud that i got the original tracks.

Good luck! :o

Classic find and great reply. I will definitely buy a few for the collectors feel of it (put them in the fridge so they dont melt), now off to ask some oldies what was cool in the hey days! :D

• 8 months later...
I saw a stand selling them at Khlong Tom market in Chinatown. At the main entrance, turn left and it is on the strip of stands that border the soi outside.

Hi! If someone is interested into almost everythai music, can contact me!

Luk thong, Mo Lam......

post-61717-1210114005_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...