Anyone Fly into Khon Kaen Lately? Udon?

Skeptic7

Udon Thani has supposedly announced mandatory quarantine if arriving from BKK. Wondering if anyone has flown to Khon Kaen? Have they announced same? If so, are they hauling people off to quarantine camps? Or is it self-quarantine at home? 

Any news on UTH would be helpful too. Thanks. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the same everywhere. There in enforced quarantine unless you arrive from another country.

I don't know about Khon Kaen so I'd go with what Ubonjoe says. It's certainly the case next door in Mahasarakham. There does seem to be a bit of flexibility on that according to my wife but unless you are well connected it's not something you'll need to consider.

As it stands if I return via Phuket I'll have to stay on the island for 14 nights and then isolate at home for 14 nights. Or maybe 10, I can't remember. If I enter through Bangkok then it's 14 nights in  a hotel there and then home isolation when I get home. I don't know if I'm supposed to avoid contact with the wife whilst I'm isolating at home.

20 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Is this for both Udon and KK? Thanks. 

Yes - We just came from a dark red zone in the south, flight to BKK, road from BKK, Yesterday (30th ) to KK. 

Its been a bit of a nightmare tbh - we loaded the truck on 28th and then we started getting calls from new landlady, the locals are really scared and don’t want you to come.

The next thing, we get a call from the local health officer telling us the procedure. 14 days self isolation, fair enough, at least I don’t fear arriving to a roadblock of locals in hazmat suits.

We arrived and got a call from the same health guy saying he will visit in the next afternoon, 8.00 am he was at the gate. Wouldn’t even come in, telling my wife the same things he told her on the phone for the past 2 days. Didn’t take any temperature but said if everything is normal we might be able to have freedom in 7 days. Like wt? Is this a special village or the power of Som tam?

I’m fine with this, I work from home, I keep away from the locals as I’m in a high risk group anyway - but the whole thing is a cluster f ..

Find attached infographic from KK municipality 

On the flip side, a Facebook post from Songkhla - last night, people coming on a flight from BKK to Hat Yai were all taken to state quarantine (apparently)

If you already had a place here in the center of town, and came by road, would anyone care? 

A75F1B11-83F0-48F0-AD37-185107ED8034.jpeg

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

????????????

You get me? 

The inconsistency of this country just does me.

If Covid has an incubation time of 14 days then I’m happy to sit here, that’s nothing out of the ordinary for me.

If It’s ok to move after 7 days prior to incubation and length of state quarantine then what’s the point of the first 7 days? 

• Like 1

I arrived Khon Kaen from BKK yesterday (30 JUN) All they did upon arrival is ask for a QR app (which I don't have) or a passport which they digitize and take a photo face shot.

No 14 day self-quarantine issues.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

You get me? 

The inconsistency of this country just does me.

If Covid has an incubation time of 14 days then I’m happy to sit here, that’s nothing out of the ordinary for me.

If It’s ok to move after 7 days prior to incubation and length of state quarantine then what’s the point of the first 7 days? 

I get ya! Do I ever. Been dealing with this place for a quarter century and still SMFH. Surprised I haven't shaken it off. ????

I traveled to Hat Yai from Narathiwat today and, besides the usual checkpoints searching for bombs and insurgents, there was no checkpoint asking for travel papers because of Covid anywhere. There should have been, but it was smooth sailing all the way.

When we head back home to Narathiwat in the afternoon, let's see what happens.