Converting visa exemption to retirement extension

I'm currently in Phuket quarantine on a 30 day visa exemption and my retirement extension expired 

However I will be going back to pattaya after quarantine and arrive on 17th which is a Saturday 

I believe I need 15 days left on the tourist extension? 

What's is the process? Can it be started in Phuket and completed in Pattaya 

Edited by madmen

You should have a 45 day visa exempt entry (changed last year). Check the stamp in your passport.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry and then the non-o visa prior to having less than 15 days remaining on it.

You must apply for the 90 day non-o visa entry and a extension of stay based upon retirement at the same office. In your case you will need to both at Pattaya immigration.

What financial proof will you be using to apply for the non-o visa and extension?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have it in a Thai bank now?

You will need proof it was transferred from abroad unless you have had it in the bank for a long time.

Yes its 45 days and I've been away 13 months and money is here. Im ok with the actuall application. 

Thanks for your help, I will get extension visa exempt in Pattaya 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

I will get extension visa exempt in Pattaya 

Do you really need the 30 day extension.

Since money is already in bank you can obtain your non O. The 800k only needs to be in bank on day of application.

That non O gives you 90 day permission of stay. In last 30 days obtain your 12 month extension. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you really need the 30 day extension.

Since money is already in bank you can obtain your non O. The 800k only needs to be in bank on day of application.

That non O gives you 90 day permission of stay. In last 30 days obtain your 12 month extension. 

Thanks for mentioning that. Good point 

As a matter of interest what would income method involve when switching from 45 day visa exemption as a mate from oz arriving Phuket next week 

Edited by madmen

42 minutes ago, madmen said:

As a matter of interest what would income method involve when switching from 45 day visa exemption as a mate from oz arriving Phuket next week 

Since he from Australia he would not be able to use the income option to apply for the non-o visa. The only accept proof of income from a embassy and the Australian embassy does not issue them.

They might consider it if he had 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank from abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1