Foodbyphone

correct

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can order on the website then they call you to confirm that you ordered and thats it food within the hour

They never call me.. :o

They only call the first time you order as a new user, to confirm that you can actually be contacted using that number...otherwise, just a confirmation e-mail is sent a few minutes after the order.

Dubliner Fully Fry breakfast delivered to your door solves the Sunday morning hangover everytime..............Cant live without foodbyphone.

Having said that. The GF and I got food poisioning (First time ever from food byphone) from the lebanese joint on the menu...........shame because normally the food is excellent from that place.

Wow, that's a shame...you mean Beirut, right? Because not only is the food normally great, but they are probably the most popular restaurant in their catalogue (5 or 6 of the 10 most ordered dishes are from them). Maybe they got a bad batch of chickpeas or smthn :o

Dubliner Fully Fry breakfast delivered to your door solves the Sunday morning hangover everytime..............Cant live without foodbyphone.

Having said that. The GF and I got food poisioning (First time ever from food byphone) from the lebanese joint on the menu...........shame because normally the food is excellent from that place.

Nothing to do with the booze from the night before I guess? 5555

Sometimes I just love this forum.. :o I'm moving to Bangkok in in July for work and I'd never heard of Food by Phone.. Sounds like manna from heaven to me.. one look at the web-site and I want to order now. (as I currently live in the middle of nowhere you'll understand why)

Am I correct in thinking that you just punch in your CC details when ordering..?

• 7 months later...

Foodbyphone is a rip off. They mark-up prices by doubling the prices of food they deliver and then add 80 baht for delivery. Apart from this, they try to sell you 'VIP membership' cards. Ha!!! Even after discounting their prices, they are still overcharging. Anywhere else around the world you'll find food deliveries but, excuse me for saying, Thailand is meant to be cheap in terms of 'cost of living'.

ChefsXP.com on the otherhand, eventhough a new comer, has got their act together!! Great service at the BEST PRICES. Their bestsite is the best I've seen!!!

I just don't get how a service which uses the same type of motobikes, same restaurant, etc. . . can be ripping ppl off left right and center. . .

Edited by adam8169

adam, 3 out of your 4 posts so far have been about the wonderfulness of ChefsXP and the evil doings of Foodbyphone...in a free market a company can charge whatever they want as long as people find it worthwhile to pay, OK?

I have and will pay extra for a service that allows me to use AMEX for payment, runs a bug-free website and can bring me other necessities for a couch-potato lifestyle like batteries and DVDs...ChefsXP has undeniable merit, but there is really no need for all this ripoff talk. Any business should establish itself based on how IT is good, not how the competition is bad!

edit: Also, if you'd get your head out of your arse enough to check out the benefits of Foodbyphone VIP membership, you will notice that they also give you vouchers which you can use in the restaurants themselves, many of which are VERY generous - 50% off for 4 people and happy-hour booze pricing sounds pretty good to me!

Edited by Florin

Order from ChefsXP about 30 mins ago, but I don't think I'll be getting my food. Called to restaurant directly to clarify the order and they said they are closing the kitchen, no more orders. I explained that I order over the net and they said same thing, kitchen closed. I then got an email from chefsxp saying they are going to pickup my food, so hang tight. I'm not holding my breath, think this will be a McD's night.

Foodbyphone is a rip off. They mark-up prices by doubling the prices of food they deliver and then add 80 baht for delivery. Apart from this, they try to sell you 'VIP membership' cards. Ha!!! Even after discounting their prices, they are still overcharging. Anywhere else around the world you'll find food deliveries but, excuse me for saying, Thailand is meant to be cheap in terms of 'cost of living'.

ChefsXP.com on the otherhand, eventhough a new comer, has got their act together!! Great service at the BEST PRICES. Their bestsite is the best I've seen!!!

I just don't get how a service which uses the same type of motobikes, same restaurant, etc. . . can be ripping ppl off left right and center. . .

how can you compare the two?

do chefs xp have the great catalogue? the website is crap and cannot be compared, come on you get what you pay for and FBP fits the need in my book.

Order from ChefsXP about 30 mins ago, but I don't think I'll be getting my food. Called to restaurant directly to clarify the order and they said they are closing the kitchen, no more orders. I explained that I order over the net and they said same thing, kitchen closed. I then got an email from chefsxp saying they are going to pickup my food, so hang tight. I'm not holding my breath, think this will be a McD's night.

So, did you eat gourmet or McD's last night?

Who's ripping who off here. Lets just look at CHEFXP.com for a moment. Below is taken from exact chefxp.com website are they hoping customers dont check the checkout price......

Bourbon Street:

1 Backed Rack Of Lamb 550 baht

1 Australian Lamb Chops 540 baht

Delivery 60 baht

I am no whizz with a calculator but total price from chefxp.com should be 1150 baht if I am not mistaken.

Ok put that exact order into chefxp.com and then look at your checkout basket the price total including delivery is: 1690 Baht.

So they are overcharging by 540 baht to the prices they list on the website. I would be VERY wary of using this company, Another thing that makes me suspicious is they do not state who the owner is, the manager, the office location - They even claim that they dont want to say on the website.

I'll stick with foodbyphone ... any company that manipulates the checkout price over the menu price aint gonna get my business. By the way Foodbyphone is a lot cheaper for the above two items taking into account the RIPOFF checkout scam at chefxp.com

Enjoy...

add 80 baht for delivery

Foodbyphone is mainly 60 baht for central BKK the same as Chefxp.com

. Apart from this, they try to sell you 'VIP membership' cards. Ha!!!

Reference Foodbyphone VIP Membership:

Membership 1295 baht. You get:

12 x 100 baht discount vouchers = 1200 baht.

12 x 60 baht free delivery vouchers = 720 baht

50% off first order = 500 baht (Maximise this buy some wine / beer etc.)

30% off next 3 orders (say 400 baht) = 1200 baht (maximise with expensive items wine etc.)

Total = 3620 baht savings

Not to mention all the decent free vouchers at great bangkok restaurants like 50% off at basilico etc. and the 10% u get off if u order 5 times a month. Its a good deal if u ask me if you use the service a lot.

Edited by dekka007

how can you compare the two?

do chefs xp have the great catalogue? the website is crap and cannot be compared, come on you get what you pay for and FBP fits the need in my book.

You dont eat the website!!!!

Chefxpress in my opinion is far better. Standard 60baht charge wherever you are.

The prices are FAR cheaper

And they have a far better choice, and all the prices are the same as the restaurants NOT marked up as in FBP

The prices are FAR cheaper

oh really.....check the above.

I did a couple of more trial orders and all are RIP OFFS for the non weary on chefxp.com. If you are going to use them I suggest you check the CHECKOUT price very carefully before confirming.