I want to go on a driving tour throughout Issan provinces. Any travel restrictions?

bbabythai

I'm bored and want to go wandering around Issan in my van that I can sleep in if necessary. 

Are there any travel restrictions in any of the provinces. From my own research I think only Buririam might be a no go. What about neighbouring KK, Surin, Ubon R etc. Any issues driving there?

thanks kindly

Where are you coming from ? If from red and possibly orange designated areas there will most certainly be some restrictions. If not then no restrictions so hence my initial question , where are you coming from, i.e. where are you now ?

• Like 2

We are in glorious Kalasin, but not much happening and locally schools and things have just started closures due to Covid and no bars are open.

Many are scared and staying home, and there is a great deal of ignorance with people refusing vaccines.

We are all bored, but it's not ideal travel time. I was in KK recently for a medical and even things such as dentists etc were closed unless urgent treatment. Hotel was deserted and not much fun.

Totally wrong time to go travelling, nothing open, bars shut, restaurants either shut or on restricted hours, most places of any interest shut, as someone wisely pointed out dentist's, Dr's surgeries & hospitals operating reduced hours, no doubt resorts, hotels & other places shut, simply why waste your time ?? Come to Pattaya, the shuttered jewel of the Eastern Seaboard, my mate lives the other side of Korat, everywhere in his little city is closed including the famous temple ruins, so absolutely nothing to see.

Save your money until the day this crisis is over, whenever that may be.

The Mrs & me did our last long trip about 3 years ago, thoroughly enjoyed it, I want to do a trip on the Pattaya - Songkla ferry, but with no vaccine's & nothing open what's the point. ??

• Like 2

Stay where you are. You'll soon be driven around the bend for free.

As for sleeping in a van ? Slow roasting more like.

Can understand your boredom but bad idea right now. Had to cancel my Bangkok dental appointment because dentist stopped work plus would have to self isolate when return home.

Just have to wait it out.

OP you are bored????Thats laughable, stay home, stay safe, be bored but alive.

You think its bad for you, well i have been stuck at home for over 7 years, bored? No way just get on with life best i can.

Who can be bored when we have this forum to amuse us., certainly not me.

• Like 1