TM30 (at the weekend)

Hi Folks,

Looking for a bit of help.....I'm in ASQ at the moment and get released on Friday and will then be travelling up to Kalasin.  My wife has registered on the immigration website but hasn't had the user id/password back yet.  If we don't get it back in time is there any other way I can register the TM30? (I wont have enough time on the Friday to make to immigration before it closes so it would be Monday morning before we would get there). I'm just trying to avoid a fine!!

Thanks  

Are you returning to the same address you had before you left the county?

Did you enter on a new visa?

If yes and no to my questions (in same order) a TM30 report is not required.

You cannot do a TM30 on the weekend so if you need to do one doing it on Monday would not result in fine.

• Like 2

Always take screenshots! 

I'd just go and check in with them Monday, theyre pretty reasonable where they can clearly see you've done the right thing.

And for your own sake, do wear smart casual clothes at Immigration, yes it's as archaic as the system, but it always helps things go your way when they hang in the balance.

If turnout did not matter to the bods at immigration, they would not go to the trouble of putting out those posters asking us to dress appropriately.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot do a TM30 on the weekend so if you need to do one doing it on Monday would not result in fine.

Thanks Ubonjoe......its a new visa.  I've only stayed 30 days at one time before so we never bothered with it before.  I'm staying longer this time so will be extending based on marriage.  We will nip along on Monday morning. cheers 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Always take screenshots! 

I'd just go and check in with them Monday, theyre pretty reasonable where they can clearly see you've done the right thing.

And for gods sake, wear smart casual clothes at Immigration, yes it's as archaic as the system, but it always helps things go your way when they hang in the balance.

If turnout did not matter to the bods at immigration, they would not go to the trouble of putting out those posters asking us to dress appropriately, would they?!

Thanks for that.....I've never had the pleasure of immigration before!  I'll dig out some smart clothes  ????

The experience I had was that they don't seem to care about the timeliness. In the two cases we went in and said we wanted to do the TM30, they simply put that day's date on it and didn't even ask for the actual date.

Although, bizzarely, the second time having accepted and stamped the TM30, they then refused to accept my 90 day report and said I had to go back to the province where I was previously located and got the retirement extension from and do it there. They would not budge on that position. I had the misfortune of getting a difficult I.O. Maybe I should have done a TM28 or something as well, but in that case I'd have expected the I.O. to tell me that and give me the form, but no. They just dug their heels in. I was leaving the country a couple of weeks later, so will just have to accept the 2,000 baht fine next time, which will coincide with my next 12 month extension application.

Edited by Tuvoc

I am in similar situation, leaving ASQ on Saturday and flying to Chiang Mai. My wife (Thai) is worried about getting to immigration to do TM30. We will go Monday too. I guess even though our address is on my visa (Non 0) and on the TM6 we still need to do the TM30 I assume?

32 minutes ago, Tedly said:

I am in similar situation, leaving ASQ on Saturday and flying to Chiang Mai. My wife (Thai) is worried about getting to immigration to do TM30. We will go Monday too. I guess even though our address is on my visa (Non 0) and on the TM6 we still need to do the TM30 I assume?

You do not need to do TM30 report unless you have changed your address or entered on a new visa. If you have a extension of stay and used a re-entry permit it is not required. New rules since June of last year.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to do TM30 report unless you have changed your address or entered on a new visa. If you have a extension of stay and used a re-entry permit it is not required. New rules since June of last year.

UJ, just to clarify for us dummies out here. If we would previously only enter 30 day visa exempts but now have arrived on a 60 day TR is that considered a new visa and require a TM30? Address has not changed, and the Immigration people on arrival at BKK were very well aware of my condo address.

I still have my login and pw for the website to file but I can't even get it to load now...hmm https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

On 7/5/2021 at 5:02 PM, magicroundabout said:

Thanks for that.....I've never had the pleasure of immigration before!  I'll dig out some smart clothes  ????

I started wearing suits a lot about 5 years ago. I found the treatment I get at places like immigration, banks, retail, restaurants etc was markedly better.

6 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

UJ, just to clarify for us dummies out here. If we would previously only enter 30 day visa exempts but now have arrived on a 60 day TR is that considered a new visa and require a TM30?

You need to do a TM30 report since you entered on a tourist visa. It is the same if entering visa exempt.

9 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

I still have my login and pw for the website to file but I can't even get it to load now...hmm

Are you using a VPN? The site will not open if you are using one.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

I guess ( as many things ) this differs between provinces.

I've lived at same address for 9 or 10 years, i went to get a re-entry permit last week and was tuned for not having registered when i arrived back in country 2 weeks earlier.

No fine tho - very nice immigration people there for the most part.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I guess ( as many things ) this differs between provinces.

Maybe a officer that had not read to the new rules that went into effect in in June of last year.

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I mentioned this to them but they were adamant everytime i return the wife must register me.

Are you always entering on a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa? If yes it is not required.