Kathu municipal schools closed over COVID concerns

webfact

1625467421_1-org.jpg

A classroom at Kathu Municipal 2 School undergoes cleansing on Saturday (July 3). Photo: Kathu Municipal 2 School

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Four municipality schools in Kathu have been closed over concerns of one parent and a student at one of the schools being confirmed as infected with COVID-19.

Kathu Municipality confirmed the school closures through an announcement posted online this morning (July 5).

The four schools in Kathu ordered closed were named as Kathu Municipal School 1 and Kathu Municipal School 2, along with the Ket Ho Child Development Center and the Kathu Child Development Center.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/kathu-municipal-schools-closed-over-covid-concerns-80566.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-06

18 minutes ago, Venom said:

Phuket sand box if off to a great start. ????

The school closures have nothing to do with the "Sandbox!" Seems like you got the correct "handle" The schools are closed mainly as a precaution You clearly did not read the article! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

School funding chaos pending - How many thais are going to spend money for next term with constant closures ? 

How many tourists were going to give Kathu a visit... scrub that off the bucket list.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, eyup said:

The school closures have nothing to do with the "Sandbox!" Seems like you got the correct "handle" The schools are closed mainly as a precaution You clearly did not read the article! 

How does it have nothing to do with the sandbox ? according to the PM 70% of people are vaccinated. How can there be covid then (or how can there be enough covid to justify closing schools)

So unless some lies are being told about the amount of covid or about the vaccination levels something is wrong here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

How does it have nothing to do with the sandbox ? according to the PM 70% of people are vaccinated. How can there be covid then (or how can there be enough covid to justify closing schools)

So unless some lies are being told about the amount of covid or about the vaccination levels something is wrong here.

"So unless some lies are being told"....think about it.

3 minutes ago, beechbum said:

"So unless some lies are being told"....think about it.

I think lies are being told im quite sure of it but i keep my options open. Could also be a school wanting to cash in. Closing getting full fees but not performing full service.

But i think that indeed the chance that lies are being told is higher.

The "sandbox" is a (let's call it,)  system where by international tourists are able to spend vacations in Phuket. I doubt whether any of them will be visiting, or going, to school? You can have a negative interpretation of any figures presented (which seems to be your approach?) Or you can take by face value that a school has been closed as a precaution. (My approach!) As far as I know it ,no schoolchildren have been vaccinated yet. Either here or, for example in the UK.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I think lies are being told im quite sure of it but i keep my options open. Could also be a school wanting to cash in. Closing getting full fees but not performing full service.

But i think that indeed the chance that lies are being told is higher.

It's the government school in Kathu, not Kajonkiet.

1 minute ago, beechbum said:

It's the government school in Kathu, not Kajonkiet.

Ah my mistake.. don't government schools require payment ? Sorry never had kids in Thailand. I hear of a lot schools charging but not providing lessons.

47 minutes ago, eyup said:

The "sandbox" is a (let's call it,)  system where by international tourists are able to spend vacations in Phuket. I doubt whether any of them will be visiting, or going, to school? You can have a negative interpretation of any figures presented (which seems to be your approach?) Or you can take by face value that a school has been closed as a precaution. (My approach!) As far as I know it ,no schoolchildren have been vaccinated yet. Either here or, for example in the UK.

Yes, quite a few school kids here have had the vaccine, my own included.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Ah my mistake.. don't government schools require payment ? Sorry never had kids in Thailand. I hear of a lot schools charging but not providing lessons.

Very minimal Rob, not enough to be worth closing down!

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The government will do anything to make the sandbox a success.

• Sad 2