Mbk: 2 Ppl Were Killed

pop_corn

yesterday night i was outside MBK having a smoke, suddenly i heard 3 gun shot, i look away and i saw many ppl running, i run inside the mall center, after 3 to 5 minutes I decide to go out again to see what was going on, a couple (man n woman) were killed by the street, someone shoot them to death on the head. today i been trying to get info about that, and Bkk post seems to ignore such a terrible thing..

im still shocked by the situtation.

does someone know anything?

yesterday night i was outside MBK having a smoke, suddenly i heard 3 gun shot, i look away and i saw many ppl running, i run inside the mall center, after 3 to 5 minutes I decide to go out again to see what was going on, a couple (man n woman) were killed by the street, someone shoot them to death on the head. today i been trying to get info about that, and Bkk post seems to ignore such a terrible thing..

Very common, and unless the newspapers have pics or there is some other special reason that makes it newsworthy these kind of events are rarely even mentioned in the Thai newspapers. Thai Rath is your best bet in case someone snapped a greasy enough photo with a mobile phone. BKK Post will not write about such things unless already covered by foreign media (i.e. so they can cut and paste from AFP).

Im not asking for pictures, Im asking for the situation, I dont think "is not relevant" for the citizens to know about this kind of news, and live in a bubble. information like that should be given, we are not in the jungle to think that killing is something usual.

Very common, and unless the newspapers have pics or there is some other special reason that makes it newsworthy these kind of events are rarely even mentioned in the Thai newspapers. Thai Rath is your best bet in case someone snapped a greasy enough photo with a mobile phone. BKK Post will not write about such things unless already covered by foreign media (i.e. so they can cut and paste from AFP).

If this is so common then you must be witness to some pretty gruesome scenes in Bangkok. Either your often in the wrong place at the right time or you just hang out with some pretty unsaviory characters.

From what I can see, Thai newspapers carry these stories all the time.

its not a very nice thing thats for sure. unfortunatly this is part of life in los and is a common occurance, but i would not be too shocked as its getting fairly common here in australia as well.

2 days ago a woman run her husband over and dragged him 250 metres down the road under the car. :D

the other day a few people got assasinated in melbourne as gang warfare is a way of life over there and dont even start talking about america. :o

Im not asking for pictures, Im asking for the situation, I dont think "is not relevant" for the citizens to know about this kind of news, and live in a bubble. information like that should be given, we are not in the jungle to think that killing is something usual.

If you learn to read Thai you will have access to all the violent news you need from Thai Rath and Daily News, so in that respect *citizens* are not kept in the dark about these things.

Violent occurrences in Pattaya is covered by a local English-language paper as well.

The nationwide English-language press usually does not report on violence involving only Thais, for better or for worse.

According to the Thai Rath newspaper (be warned, the Thai press love a bit of gory details and foto of course)

At 9:20PM at the bus stop in front of MBK a man shot twice into the skull of a woman before turning the gun on himself.

According to the police, his name was Mr Wasan Phuket, aged 39 and the woman Mrs Titaya, aged 23, was his wife. The couple were from Nakhorn Sawan province. The couple were officially married but separated.

The supposed reasoning for the murder, was that Mr Sawan had travelled down from Nakhorn Sawan in order to make things up but they couldn't agree.

Press on the link if you wanna see the story (and pic) in Thai

MBK murder pic and story in Thai

Edited by stevesuphan

According to the Thai Rath newspaper (be warned, the Thai press love a bit of gory details and foto of course)

At 9:20PM at the bus stop in front of MBK a man shot twice into the skull of a woman before turning the gun on himself.

According to the police, his name was Mr Wasan Phuket, aged 39 and the woman Mrs Titaya, aged 23, was his wife. The couple were from Nakhorn Sawan province. The couple were officially married but separated.

The supposed reasoning for the murder, was that Mr Sawan had travelled down from Nakhorn Sawan in order to make things up but they couldn't agree.

Press on the link if you wanna see the story (and pic) in Thai

MBK murder pic and story in Thai

thank u.

that's sad .. :o