More Thais stressed, hopeless, exhausted by new COVID-19 wave – Mental Health Dept.

webfact

000_98R47L-1.jpg

Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP

More Thais are suffering from stress and are feeling hopeless and exhausted due to the new wave of the coronavirus pandemic, which started in April this year, than earlier this year, according to Thailand’s Mental Health Department.

Speaking at the Annual International Mental Health Conference, on the topic of “New Normal Mental Health”, the department’s director-general, Dr. Panpimol Wipulakorn, said the wave of COVID-19 infections, since April, has increased the level of anxiety, hopelessness and exhaustion in zones which have seen more infections than the rest of the country.

“This may be because people feel that the situation has not yet resolved and they have become gradually exhausted, because we can’t see clearly when this will be, as we could in the past waves,” she said.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-thais-stressed-hopeless-exhausted-by-new-covid-19-wave-mental-health-dept/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda ordered the Pfizer/Moderna.  Instead, we have SinoVac and sometimes, AstraZeneka.

Having the same amount of zero Pfizer? They should have ordered more, full stop. That is the issue. 

• Like 1

In Thailand the population wants any good vaccine that they can get. In North America, the medical people are begging their

populations to all get the vaccine, but the red necks, the covidiots, and the groups of some people of different religions,  shall we say

are resisting and do not want the vaccines. I do hope that all countries of the world, tell their unvaccinated people that they will be

treated as lepers if they are not vaccinated. No travel out side of the province or stat they live in, and absolutely no travel

out of the country they live in without being fully vaccinated.  COVID is not a regular flu, so no democratic rights for not getting a COVID

vaccination. It stresses me that there are so many ignorant people still alive in this world. So if any one I know who is an anti vaxxer, and

tells me that they are not getting the shot, I let them know to stay away from me, and find someone who has had COVID and tell them

that it is just a flu, but to do it in front of that persons family, and see how popular the covidiot will be.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, djayz said:

Although not Thai, I too am feeling stressed, hopeless and fed up with the whole situation. 

Yes, and it is not helped by what appears to be no access to vaccination on the horizon, forcing the isolation. That would ease the situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1