67,000 people applied for Phuket Moderna vaccine reservations

webfact

1625741907_1-org.jpg

Image: Bangkok Hospital Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: More than 67,000 people yesterday attempted to book their vaccinations with the Moderna vaccine to be provided by Bangkok Hospital Phuket and Bangkok Hospital Siriroj, the group has revealed.

The overwhelming response to book Moderna vaccinations at the two hospitals crashed the web portal set up especially to handle the registrations, drawing harsh criticism by many of the people who were unable to register.

Registrations opened at 9am yesterday (July 7). By 10:45am the hospital announced, “Due to high demand from hospital clients, our current stock runs out and our next reservations will be scheduled once the vaccine becomes available again.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/67-000-people-applied-for-phuket-moderna-vaccine-reservations-80611.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-09

Le Monde has an article today about the approx 20 major variants of Covid now available for purchase catching. Epsilon & Lambda looking dangerous ...

Medical research working hard to identify the evolutionary patterns of the virus and aiming over time to get out ahead with the vaccines. Well, good luck with that!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Registrations opened at 9am yesterday (July 7). By 10:45am the hospital announced, “Due to high demand from hospital clients, our current stock runs out

We beat you here on Samui. No stock by 09.15.

• Sad 1

I wonder did they make people pay at the same time as they registered?

Because if they didn't then that's going to come back and bite them when many of them get an offer of vaccination for free by the government before October.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder did they make people pay at the same time as they registered?

Because if they didn't then that's going to come back and bite them when many of them get an offer of vaccination for free by the government before October.

Yes, I think everyone had to pay before receiving their 'certified paperwork' saying they were get a Moderna vaccination.

There was chat about this already on the forum - where it appears it may be possible in some hospitals for one (who registered/paid for Moderna, but is now getting Pfizer) to transfer their Moderna allocation from one person, to another person, if they both show up at the same time at the Hospital to have the transfer processed.

Given the high demand, and given the unexpected nature of this Pfizer dose now likely to be made available for free to medical personnel (where I suspect it might be possible that the medical personnel had priority to book and pay BEFORE the websites opened up to the public to register for Moderna) that we might see a chance/opportunity for Moderna cancellation & full refunds if done before some TBD date (that is just me speculating). The demand is so strong for vaccines, I think the Hospitals would have no problem selling any Moderna dose that had been cancelled.

My view is "stay tuned".  The pandemic situation has been dynamic since March last year, and its still dynamic.

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

We beat you here on Samui. No stock by 09.15.

Did the Samui web site crash the second it opened? 

In Phuket, the site opened at 09;00am and then immediately crashed seconds later.  It was then impossible to book (as site down).  They managed to reopen the website at at about 10:33am and by around 10:40am or so it was no longer possible to book (web page would not respond), and at about 10:45am they announced closed to new vaccinations.

The vaccine demand clearly is outstripping the supply.