Bird rescue - where to buy hay

Somtamnication

Is this a baby (nestling) or a larger fledgling that is simply taking the few days that it usually takes for them to strengthen their wings and fly ? If the latter....it needs to be placed in a cat free location and in a day or so will fly away on his own.

• Like 1

If the bird is uninjured and can hop about...please put it back outside and either keep your cats in the house or put the bird out of the garden or a place the cats can't get it.

It's normal for thesw birds to leave the nest a few days before they can fly and they hop about in the undergrowth learning to fly and perch.

It will still be fed by its parents...they have not abandoned it.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, Somtamnication said:

Any place where I can buy hay and simulate a nest for the little guy? We are using paper shreds at the moment.

Hmmmm. Hay is for winter feeding of cattle. There is no winter in Thailand! You might be able to get rice straw if it's harvest time.

I've raised a baby thrush fell out of the nest, using paper towels. I never bothered tearing them up as it was inside.

Had to feed it every 15 minutes with bread soaked in milk, as they can't drink. It was great when it learned to feed itself.

When old enough they love a stick to perch on.