Is This The End Of Pattaya Go-go Bars..................?

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 25th 2007

Beer Bars and Go-Go Bars told to cover up or face closure.

Police Colonel Sutin, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police along with Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, chaired this Friday Morning Meeting attended by 360 staff members of Beer Bars and Go-Go Bars operating here in Pattaya.

They were told that the Police and Pattaya Administration will no longer tolerate explicit shows and nakedness in the bars of Pattaya and any establishment found to be disregarding these orders will face a minimum of a 60 day closure order and even the revocation of entertainment and liquor licenses.

It is thought that a Bar Crackdown will shortly follow to ensure that bars are following these newly enforced regulations.

Wow. If they are looking to kill tourism in Pattaya, this would go a long way towards that. Just think about all the griping we hear when ever the bars are closed for an election or religious holiday.

Taking away the nudity in the go-go's would pretty much kill them for sure. You'd be looking at (probably) well over 3,000+ people out of work (not to mention the drop in business that other business's would experience, especially the liquor retailers).

It probably is a lot of smoke and mirrors, a subtle way of letting the owners of various venues know that certain "fees" may have to be increased in order for them to continue operating normally. :o

I recall sitting in one "establishment" one night last year, and as I was leaving I was rather surprised to see 4 of Pattaya's finest, in uniform, having a drink at a table just inside the club (but in full view of the stage). I looked back at the amount of nudity on display at the time, but the BiB seemed oblivious to it. :D

Kerry that was all said about the clampdown in BKK and it did not come to pass.

No jobs went and there is demand for staff at most if not all bars.

I certainly hope so !

I'm having a hard enough time supporting half of Isaan by myself ! :o

If they put all these girls out of work, I'm afraid that thousands of sick buffalo wouldn't get the quality veterinarian care they need ! :D

Kerry that was all said about the clampdown in BKK and it did not come to pass.

No jobs went and there is demand for staff at most if not all bars.

I certainly hope so !

I'm having a hard enough time supporting half of Isaan by myself ! :o

If they put all these girls out of work, I'm afraid that thousands of sick buffalo wouldn't get the quality veterinarian care they need ! :D

Exactly - the welfare state of Thailand would collapse ;-)

Different market and all that and BKK bars are complaining of no customers but they still seem to be selling for crazy amounts - not many small ones left now as they all seem to be merging

. Taking away the nudity in the go-go's would pretty much kill them for sure. You'd be looking at (probably) well over 3,000+ people out of work (not to mention the drop in business that other business's would experience, especially the liquor retailers).

There's no way that will kill go-go's. What's wrong with a skimpy bikini?

Hmmm seen Nudity in Bangkok fairely recently - obviously clampdown there isnt working so well. :o

Of course you can find it but its not the norm shall we say - the exception proves the rule.

It not normally the bars' with the most attractive girls shall we say - unless you know different :D

Edited by Prakanong

Well they did it in Bangkok - no reasaon why they can not in Pattaya if they choose to!

did what in bangkok, are you serious...........................this is all about ................ wait for it yes tea money

if you want to show nud_e........you gotta pay

pity certain people wheren't as straight as the press release would have you think

money makes the world go round.............in pattaya it buys new cars . houses............blah blah

. Taking away the nudity in the go-go's would pretty much kill them for sure. You'd be looking at (probably) well over 3,000+ people out of work (not to mention the drop in business that other business's would experience, especially the liquor retailers).

There's no way that will kill go-go's. What's wrong with a skimpy bikini?

A lot !

For one, you can see skimpy bikinis and other skimpy clothes in a lot of beer-bars, and the drink prices are usually cheaper.

I've seen the results in various "establishments" when the girls have been forced to cover-up (like those times when some big-wig is in town and the club owners/managers have been told to keep things "clean" for a night or two). I've watched people come in, look around and leave when they saw everyone covered up. I've listened to the girls and managers complain about the drop in customers on those nights.

I've also seen the results in a couple of clubs that tried to get by using just bikini-clad girls (no "sexy" shows, no nudity at all). A couple closed, and another resorted to the usual topless/nud_e entertainment in order to increase customers.

Such a clamp down might not kill all the go-go's, but I'll bet it would cause a large number of them to close.

(Until they started up again in "underground" locations like a lot of the karaoke clubs) :o

Well they did it in Bangkok - no reasaon why they can not in Pattaya if they choose to!

did what in bangkok, are you serious...........................this is all about ................ wait for it yes tea money

if you want to show nud_e........you gotta pay

pity certain people wheren't as straight as the press release would have you think

money makes the world go round.............in pattaya it buys new cars . houses............blah blah

I dunno what the situation is if its a genuine clampdown or a shakedown..

In BKK they said the same - it will pass - pay and you will be able to show

Seems it did not come to pass!

The mouth of Thai officialdom opens and closes.

Hot air comes out and dissipates in the atmosphere.

The world turns and another day dawns.

The sun is the same, the world is the same and life goes on.

The BiB will strut their stuff for a week or two then they will move on to pastures new and the ripples will fade away.

Just like it has done for all the years I've known Thailand and Pattaya.

This is not the first attempt, nor will it be the last.

It's low season, many girls are back home until September / October, everyone is suffering. My wife's hairdressing business is barely earning the rent, let alone the two assistants. So I have to help her out.

Same thing is happening all over Party City at the moment. It's called Silly Season.

My wife's hairdressing business is barely earning the rent, let alone the two assistants. So I have to help her out.

:o

What do you do ?

Go for a colouring one day.

A perm the next.

A trim the day after.

Another colouring the next day ?

:D

Yer not going to have any hair to take care of very soon at that rate !

(//edit - spelling mistake - time to get some sleep as I can't see the keyboard clearly anymore !)

Edited by Kerryd

The BiB will strut their stuff for a week or two then they will move on to pastures new and the ripples will fade away.

Let's just hope the "Nipples" don't fade away along with the "Ripples"!

My wife's hairdressing business is barely earning the rent, let alone the two assistants. So I have to help her out.

:o

What do you do ?

Go for a colouring one day.

A perm the next.

A trim the day after.

Another colouring the next day ?

:D

Yer not going to have any hair to take care of very soon at that rate !

(//edit - spelling mistake - time to get some sleep as I can't see the keyboard clearly anymore !)

Not got enough hair for a Henna job - nor an Afghan curly

I look like I've just been to Mecca with a skinhead British football hooligan style. :D

No - I meant with cash - as if you didn't know.

Wow. If they are looking to kill tourism in Pattaya, this would go a long way towards that. Just think about all the griping we hear when ever the bars are closed for an election or religious holiday.

Taking away the nudity in the go-go's would pretty much kill them for sure. You'd be looking at (probably) well over 3,000+ people out of work (not to mention the drop in business that other business's would experience, especially the liquor retailers).

It probably is a lot of smoke and mirrors, a subtle way of letting the owners of various venues know that certain "fees" may have to be increased in order for them to continue operating normally. :o

I recall sitting in one "establishment" one night last year, and as I was leaving I was rather surprised to see 4 of Pattaya's finest, in uniform, having a drink at a table just inside the club (but in full view of the stage). I looked back at the amount of nudity on display at the time, but the BiB seemed oblivious to it. :D

If you really believe that 3000 people will be out of work you are insane.

All that willhappen is that the girls will cover their tushies and diddies with see through netting or just wear small sexy items that willget everyone going. Dont think for one minuite that this will stop anything ! In my opinion it will make Pattaya a better place instead of the vice shithole that it is becoming. Pattaya is a beautiful City but it is let down by the sleaze all that they are trying to do is clean it up a bit.

I remember a few years ago they made A-Go-Go bars cover up and places like Living Dolls, Cats (as then - now Kittens) and Classroom all covered up the skin but still remained to be the most popular bars with the reputation of having the best girls who had the sexiest look about them.

As someone said earlier its time for the Half year police cut from the bars.

As has been said, it is now the dead season in town and a great time to make a "show" of your power in your new job . Get it over with before the return of the tourist dollar, flex your muscle, sit back and relax later in the year sure of your position and far wealthier for your efforts.