Vaccine Needed for UK Travel?

Joinaman

quick question 

If i wanted to return to the UK , is this possible without any vaccinations , and what else would i need to allow me to fly ?

And if i am not vaccinated, how would this effect any other passengers who have been vaccinated ?

I assume i would need a negative test before flying anyway 

3 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

quick question 

If i wanted to return to the UK , is this possible without any vaccinations , and what else would i need to allow me to fly ?

And if i am not vaccinated, how would this effect any other passengers who have been vaccinated ?

I assume i would need a negative test before flying anyway 

Get tested three days prior to travel , Book two home tests at 170 quid and stay in home quarantine for ten days  

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Get tested three days prior to travel , Book two home tests at 170 quid and stay in home quarantine for ten days  

For now.  If Thailand goes onto the UK red list, which is entirely possible the way things are going, then it would mean testing before travel and booking managed quarantine in a hotel for 10 days that comes with (I think) about a £1700 cost.    

The UK reviews the red/amber/green list countries every 3 weeks and the next review is due on about the 15th July.   

9 hours ago, James105 said:

For now.  If Thailand goes onto the UK red list, which is entirely possible the way things are going, then it would mean testing before travel and booking managed quarantine in a hotel for 10 days that comes with (I think) about a £1700 cost.    

The UK reviews the red/amber/green list countries every 3 weeks and the next review is due on about the 15th July.   

I am on the verge of booking too and this is the concern for me at the moment.

15 hours ago, Roger That said:

I am on the verge of booking too and this is the concern for me at the moment.

Me too .

What is your plan of action ?

Mine is to buy a flight ticket one week before hand .

Take a covid test three days before and then buy the two UK tests and then fly to the UK and do quarantine at home 

55 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Me too .

What is your plan of action ?

Mine is to buy a flight ticket one week before hand .

Take a covid test three days before and then buy the two UK tests and then fly to the UK and do quarantine at home 

Decided to fly this weekend. That way, even if UK does go on the red list later this week, it should be still within a “grace period”.

Need to sort out the tests now.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is that 170 quid each or 170 quid for both home tests? That will be home quarantine for when you arrive in the UK? What about those who don't have a home?

Maybe a better question would be, apart from the test three days before travel, and the obvious things like your boarding pass. intinery and passport, what is required to board the plane to the UK?

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Is that 170 quid each or 170 quid for both home tests? That will be home quarantine for when you arrive in the UK? What about those who don't have a home?

Maybe a better question would be, apart from the test three days before travel, and the obvious things like your boarding pass. intinery and passport, what is required to board the plane to the UK?

You can self-quarantine at any residence:

1) rental

2) with family

etc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It seems to be roughly 170 quid for both , but there are various companies making and carrying out the tests . For those that dont have a home, they are expected to stay alone quarantining wherever they are , like in room or something . 

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It seems to be roughly 170 quid for both , but there are various companies making and carrying out the tests . For those that dont have a home, they are expected to stay alone quarantining wherever they are , like in room or something . 

There must be people who want to leave Thailand now, I am not one of them yet, maybe because they cannot afford to stay much longer, so cannot afford a room or something, I wonder what they would do.

57 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

OK, what about travel from Heathrow to your hotel in Scotland?

Unless you are flying into a Scottish Airport you will not get a Scottich Government Quarantine hotel. 

There are seperate websites for Scottish airports and English airports to book if required. Also if you transit through Dubai which is red or any other red countries then its Forced Quarantine.

If you fly into Heathrow from Red country you will be quarantined in a UK pre booked Hotel. You have to pre book when travelling from Red country and prove payment. If you fly direct without booking hotel and are required to Quarantine in hotel it will be pot luck. Have 2 friends that recently did this without booking and they ended up being driven by Coach to Birmingham. Took them 7 hours on bus with no toilet facilites to the quarantine hotel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Before the virus, I would fly to Scotland via  Amsterdam or Dubai, but I'm not sure I could do that now.

Amsterdam is fine. Dubai is on the Red list so hotel quarantine required.

For those that need the info;

The next announcement about Amber/Red list countries is due on Thursday 15th July.

Any changes would take effect from Wednesday 21st July.

To travel to the UK whilst Thailand is on the Amber list you need:

A negative test within 72 hours of your final departure flight time to the UK.

Pre-booked Day 2&8 Covid tests (if you shop around you can get it down to around £100)

Fill in the Passenger Locator Form. stating where you will self isolate for 10 days.

To travel to the UK if Thailand goes onto the Red list is pretty much the same apart from having to pre-book a quarantine hotel at a cost of £1650 (or £2600 for a couple)

All the info is on the UK Governemnt website.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

Unless you are flying into a Scottish Airport you will not get a Scottich Government Quarantine hotel. 

There are seperate websites for Scottish airports and English airports to book if required. Also if you transit through Dubai which is red or any other red countries then its Forced Quarantine.

If you fly into Heathrow from Red country you will be quarantined in a UK pre booked Hotel. You have to pre book when travelling from Red country and prove payment. If you fly direct without booking hotel and are required to Quarantine in hotel it will be pot luck. Have 2 friends that recently did this without booking and they ended up being driven by Coach to Birmingham. Took them 7 hours on bus with no toilet facilites to the quarantine hotel.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/red-amber-and-green-list-countries/

19 hours ago, philba said:

To travel to the UK if Thailand goes onto the Red list is pretty much the same apart from having to pre-book a quarantine hotel at a cost of £1650 (or £2600 for a couple)

Any person accompanying a British Citizen from a Red Zone would need to be a British Citizen themselves or have residency rights in the UK.